Easy ways to fix QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
QuickBooks program is prone to a large number of technical error codes. One such category of codes is called the runtime errors. QuickBooks error 80029c4a belongs to this category of runtime errors which typically occurs when you try to access your company file. This Error usually infers that the company file you are trying to open is corrupted or broken. Through this article, we will be unfolding all the major causes and methods to fix QuickBooks Error 80029c4a. We reiterate our unending support for you. If you feel that a technical expert should guide you through the troubleshooting process, you may call our experts at +1-800-761-1787.
QuickBooks Error 80029c4a: Potential causes behind the error
The following are some of the main reasons why QuickBooks Error 80029c4a occurs:
- Important QuickBooks files got corrupted/damaged.
- Some antivirus programs and other security programs running on your system may be incompatible with QuickBooks.
- Some Windows Registry entries related to QuickBooks might be broken or missing.
- The QuickBooks application wasn’t installed correctly.
Also read: repair the QuickBooks Company file
Methods to annihilate QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
The below-given methods should help you fix QuickBooks Error 80029c4a.
1st Method: Repair QuickBooks
- Head to the Control Panel. To open the Control Panel, click the Windows Start button and type control panel into the search bar.
- Advance to Programs and Features when the control panel is open.
- Scroll down to find QuickBooks in the list that shows up on the screen.
- From the menu, choose Uninstall/Change.
- Choose Next.
- Press the button marked ‘’Repair.”
- Turn off and on your computer. Open QuickBooks Desktop once more and check to see if the error 80029c4a is still there.
Method 2: Update QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks.
- Move to the “Help” menu and choose Update QuickBooks option.
- Pick the updates you want to download, then click the Get Updates button.
- Click on Update and wait for the process to finish.
Method 3: Run the Reboot.bat file
- Right-click QuickBooks Desktop and choose Properties to open a file location.
- Click on open file location. You will be sent to the folder for QuickBooks.
- When you right-click the reboot.bat file and choose this option, click on the Run as administrator button.
- You need to run reboot.bat as the Windows Administrator.
- Keep an eye out for the end of the steps.
- After you’re done, you should restart the system.
- Open QuickBooks again to see if the QuickBooks Error 80029c4a has been fixed.
Method 4: Check the Quarantine folder
- Open your antivirus program and go to the quarantine folder.
- Look in the quarantine folder for any QuickBooks Desktop-related files.
- If there are QuickBooks files, take them out of the quarantine folder.
- After that, start up QuickBooks Desktop once more.
- After you restart your computer, be sure to add the same file as an exception to your antivirus.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop when you’re done to see if the problem has been fixed.
Method 5: System File Checker can fix the error
- Press the Win key and the R key together. This will reveal the Run Window.
- Type cmd in the Run window and press the Enter key.
- When the command prompt window comes up, type SFC/Scannow and press the Enter key.
- Wait until the process is done.
- After you’re done, restart your computer and open the QuickBooks Desktop program to see if the QuickBooks Error 80029c41 vanished.
You may also read: fix QuickBooks Error 6000 77
If you are still being troubled by this error and have any ancillary queries, you may reach out to our QuickBooks experts at +1-800-761-1787. Our team will make sure that you fix the QuickBooks Error 80029c4a from your PC with least hassle.