If you’re looking for the perfect gift this holiday season, consider whiskey and bourbon. Whiskey has been a go-to gift for centuries, but more recently, bourbons have become incredibly popular. There are now so many different types of bourbon out there that it’s hard to know which one to buy. The Weller Special Reserve is a great gift for people who love bourbon. It’s a small-batch bourbon that’s perfect for sipping. It has a complex flavour that’s perfect for people who appreciate good bourbon. Read on for our selection of the best gifts for people who love bourbon.
The best bourbon gifts
For the bourbon drinker who has everything, or for the bourbon novice who has never tried good bourbon, the Buffalo Trace Blanton is a great gift option. From bottle openers to cocktail books, these make great gifts for the bourbon lover in your life.
- Decanters – Decanters are the best way to show off a great bourbon. They allow the bourbon to breathe and release the aromas that make it so special. The decanter will also help to filter the bourbon, making it smoother.
- Glassware – Bourbon is best enjoyed neat, so a good quality tumbler is a perfect gift. Many bars serve bourbon on the rocks, so a highball glass is also a good option.
- Bottle Openers – Every bourbon lover needs a bottle opener to get into those special bottles.
- Books – There are many great books on bourbon out there. Whether the person you’re buying for is a beginner or a seasoned expert, there is something for everyone.
Bourbon and whiskey accessories
- Wooden Gift Boxes – Wooden gift boxes are timeless gifts for any occasion and make a nice gift for bourbon or any other whiskey.
- Bourbon and Whiskey Flasks – A flask is a great gift item for any occasion. Bourbon and whiskey flasks are becoming increasingly popular as people are looking for new ways to enjoy their favourite spirits. The Johnnie Walker Collection is a great option for those looking for a new way to enjoy their favourite spirits.
- Stemless Wine and Shot Glasses – These glasses are perfect for bourbon on the rocks or neat. And since they don’t have stems, they are easy to clean.
- Whiskey Stones – These stones are a great gift for someone who prefers whiskey. They chill a drink without adding water or ice.
- Whiskey Stones Coasters – These coasters help to keep your furniture dry and prevent condensation from soaking into coffee tables and end tables.
Unique bottles of bourbon
For the more experimental gift giver, unique bottles of bourbon are a great option. Many distilleries release special limited edition bottles, which are great collector’s items. Here are some of our favourite special edition bottles.
- Old Van Winkle 10 Year – This is one of the most famous and expensive bottles of bourbon in the world. It has been called the “Louis Vuitton” of whiskey.
- Hudson New York Corn Whiskey – This corn-based bourbon is a one-of-a-kind mash-up of bourbon and corn whiskey.
- Sazerac Rye – This rye is a mash-up of rye whiskey and rye bourbon.
Top bourbons for the holidays
- Pappy Van Winkle 15 Year – This is one of the most expensive and desired bottles of bourbon in the world. It is released once a year, and the supply is always short. If you are lucky enough to get your hands on one, it is a wonderful bourbon and the perfect gift.
- Willet Family Estate Bourbon – Willet Family Estate is a high-quality bourbon that is available year-round. It is a great gift for someone looking to try a high-quality bourbon, but not spend a lot of money.
- Sazerac Straight Rye – Sazerac Straight Rye is a high-quality rye that is aged in a new oak cask and is bottled at 100 proof. It is a great rye for the seasoned rye drinker.
- Jefferson’s Ocean Aged At Sea Bourbon – Jefferson’s Ocean Aged At Sea Bourbon is an excellent gift for the bourbon connoisseur. This is a high-quality bourbon that is aged at sea for six weeks.
- Knob Creek 50th Anniversary – Knob Creek 50th Anniversary is a high-quality bourbon that is aged for nine years and is bottled at 107 proof. It is a great gift for the bourbon drinker who likes strong bourbon.
Merricks Bourbon Review
This small batch of Kentucky straight bourbon is a favourite among bourbon connoisseurs. It is a small distillery that only distils around 7000 barrels of bourbon a year, making it a rare find on liquor store shelves. Like all great bourbons, Merricks is made from 100% corn and is aged in new American oak barrels for six years. This bourbon has tons of flavour and a long finish that will leave you wanting another sip. A great gift for the bourbon connoisseur or for someone who wants to try a high-quality bourbon but doesn’t want to pay a lot of money.
Woodford Reserve Review
This small batch of Kentucky straight bourbon is a favourite among bourbon connoisseurs. It is a small distillery that only distils around 7000 barrels of bourbon a year, making it a rare find on liquor store shelves. Like all great bourbons, Woodford is made from 100% corn and is aged in new American oak barrels for 12 years. This bourbon has tons of flavour and a long finish that will leave you wanting another sip. A great gift for the bourbon connoisseur or for someone who wants to try a high-quality bourbon but doesn’t want to pay a lot of money.
There are many great gifts for the bourbon drinker out there. From decanters to special edition bottles, there is something for everyone. For the bourbon drinker in your life, you can never go wrong with a nice bottle of bourbon.