So, you are in the process of writing a marketing dissertation. Even if you have written formal documents frequently in the past, you may be shocked at how demanding it is. Writing a marketing dissertation is a completely different experience that requires independent research. No one is assigning you tasks or setting deadlines. It would be helpful if you independently wrote a longer essay that demonstrated your ability to critically analyse and synthesize the challenging material. Many students find this process daunting, especially those who lack practical time management skills.
Indeed, planning and adhering to a schedule is critical to success. For this reason, we have developed a comprehensive guide to writing a marketing dissertation that breaks down the writing process into simple, manageable sections. In this article, you’ll learn how to choose a solid topic, conduct thorough research, and write each chapter of your dissertation. We will also give you some advice on editing and proofreading. Also, you will find comprehensive guides for all existing writing tasks in case you have difficulties finishing other academic papers.
What is a marketing dissertation?
The final project of your marketing degree is a dissertation. In order to complete it successfully, you will need to conduct unique research based on the marketing literature. Your goal is to add something new to the academic literature on your topic.
In reality, a marketing dissertation is a longer formal essay that explores the topic of study and presents evidence to support a particular claim. You will need to conduct unique, independent research and produce a written paper that adds something new to the body of knowledge. It is usually helpful if you first formulate a hypothesis before collecting data to confirm or refute it. Organizing the facts and crafting a persuasive argument in debate are the most challenging aspects of the writing process. Remember that any claim you make in your final paper must be supported by either original research or a reference to published scientific literature.
Start by choosing a strong topic for your marketing dissertation
The first step is to choose the topic you want to write about. Even though a marketing dissertation requires a lot of work, you are more likely to enjoy writing if you choose a passionate topic. However, you should make sure that the topic fits your course and the expectations of your professors and supervisors. Also, choose a topic that will be beneficial to your career and your search for a fulfilling position. For example, if you are interested in digital marketing, you may choose a topic such as influencer marketing, the use of AI, or social media marketing.
Create a research question and conduct the research
As we discussed earlier, a dissertation in marketing is an academic paper that requires you to conceptually evaluate the existing literature and identify the knowledge gaps. The next step is to formulate a research topic that you will attempt to address through a critical evaluation of primary and secondary material -are you interested in their differences?
Secondary sources are theories and data provided by other researchers, whereas primary sources are data you collect in your research activities. They can be used as evidence to support your arguments.
It would be helpful for you to think extensively about your chosen topic and formulate many possibilities. After discussing them with your supervisor, you should focus on a single critical theory. The next step is to formulate several research questions that will guide your reading. Finally, create a unique question and address it in your marketing dissertation. You will need to study many academic books and peer-reviewed journal articles. Take note of the intriguing concepts, helpful connections, and relevant sources you come across while reading. Create an outline for your future marketing dissertation writing and consider its structure after you have completed your study and have enough data.
You will also need to write and submit a research proposal with the following components:
- A working title
- An introduction
- A research question
- A hypothesis
- A literature review
- A thorough methodology
- The planned timeline for the study
This important document will help you focus on your research goals and serve as a guide throughout the writing process.
How to format a marketing dissertation
To write a successful marketing dissertation, you need to understand its structure. There are several conceivable types of structure. We’ll cover the basic ones in this guide, but you should always consult your advisor to find out which structure you need to use for your dissertation. So let’s discuss the different chapters of a dissertation and how to write them.
The following sections are required
- Literature Review
Proofread, edit, and revise your marketing dissertation
Before writing a final draft of your marketing dissertation, you need to go through the writing process of revision, editing, and proofreading.
- Revision usually involves checking the arguments, structure, logic, flow, and content of your document. Some text will need to be changed, removed, or added.
- When revising, pay close attention to elements such as sentence structure, word choice, conciseness, and formatting according to citation styles.
- When proofreading, correct typos, grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors.
Below are some efficient editing and proofreading methods that you can apply to your project.
- Take a phased approach to editing. Prioritize more important components such as paragraphs and sentence groups before moving on to smaller components such as words or punctuation.
- Check your dissertation repeatedly for errors to make sure you have not missed anything. Each type of error can be proofread separately.
- When you read your dissertation aloud, pay close attention to how each word and phrase sounds. This way, it’s much easier to spot problematic sentences and fragments, as well as spelling and grammatical errors.
- Read the text backward. You can use this method to catch typos and spelling errors. Depending on your preference, you can read the dissertation from beginning to end or from bottom to top.
- Ask a friend or family member to read your dissertation aloud to you. This way, you can detach yourself from your work and evaluate it from the reader’s or listener’s point of view.
- To improve word choice and select terms that best express your message, use a reputable dictionary or thesaurus.
- When proofreading a printout, place a blank sheet of paper or a ruler under each line. This way, you can focus on a manageable amount of text.
You now know what to do because LiveWebTutors has covered the entire process of writing a marketing dissertation help. But if you only read books and articles like this one, you will never be a successful writer. It would help if you practice a lot every day instead. The key to academic writing is to revise your paper several times until you are satisfied with its structure and message. As long as you heed our advice and put in the necessary effort, you should be able to handle this challenging task.