Cisco’s routers and switches run on proprietary software called Cisco IOS, and GNS3 (Graphical Network Simulator-3) is a network simulator program used to model routers, switches, and other networking devices. Due to copyright regulations protecting Cisco IOS, GNS3 does not include any Cisco IOS in its default installation. eve-ng full pack product Labs are currently offered for the listed certifications. It only provides a platform for using Cisco IOS; if someone wants to use any Cisco device in GNS3, they must first install that device’s IOS.
Download Cisco IOS (Dynamips images) GNS3
First, we must download the images before running the Cisco IOS image in GNS3. We have supplied two URLs for you to use to download the images: one from the Cisco website if you have access, and one from an external source if you do not. The images below are not hosted on the networkhunt.com website and are only supplied for educational purposes. Just for educational purposes, we are indexing the links we uncover online.
How to Add IOS Images to GNS3?
You can add them to GNS3 and begin using them after completing the Cisco IOS download process on your computer by obtaining the GNS3 router images provided above. gns3 switch ios download is a very easy process. However, if you are unfamiliar with GNS3, using these IOS GNS3 images is not that simple. As a result, we are here to demonstrate how to add and use Cisco IOS for GNS3, as demonstrated by the following steps:
- Open the GNS3 application on your computer, pick Console, Edit, then Preferences to view all of the program’s settings.
- Navigate to the IOS routers option in this window by selecting Dynamips from the left-hand menu.
- After everything has been completed, select New and then browse to find the IOS image you wish to add to the GNS3 on your computer.
- Afterward, you can adjust this image’s parameters using the menu options displayed on your screen.
- Finally, you can use this image in GNS3’s interface according to your needs and requirements.