QuickBooks Error 1612 usually occurs while the QuickBooks program is being updated. The updating process comes to a complete halt as soon as this error occurs.
When you try to open the QuickBooks software, you may face Error 1612. Before we jump onto the troubleshooting methods to resolve this vexing issue, let us first learn about the causes of QuickBooks error code 1612 in QuickBooks software.
You may alos read : How to Resolve QuickBooks error PS036?
What causes the QuickBooks Update Error 1612?
Listed below are various plausible causes that may lead to the Update Error 1612 in QuickBooks.
- A damaged QuickBooks company file
- An unauthenticated or invalid Windows registry
- Damage to an essential file due to some malware or virus attack.
- Abrupt system shutdown
- Accidental deletion of essential QuickBooks files
Steps to troubleshoot QuickBooks Desktop error 1612
Here’s a step-by-step walkthrough to resolve the technical error 1612 with ease. You should upgrade your QuickBooks Software to the most recent version before you proceed ahead. Follow the steps outlined below:
Step 1: Re-download the patch in case it doesn’t work.
- Head to the ‘Share Download’
- You need to turn it on & off by following the given steps- Choose ‘Off,’ then choose ‘Save.’
- Then, again, choose ‘On,’ followed by selecting ‘Save.’
Step 2: Repair QuickBooks desktop software
If the problem lingers on, you should repair the QuickBooks Desktop software. Follow the directions below:
- Choose ‘Control Panel’ from the ‘Start’
- Go to ‘Add/Remove Programs.’
- Select ‘QuickBooks’ and then choose the ‘Uninstall/Change’
- From the QuickBooks Installation window, opt for ‘Repair.’
- Follow the prompts and take utmost care in completing all of the on-screen steps.
- Restart your system once you’ve completed the preceding steps.
- By now, Error 1612 should have been fixed. If not, proceed to the following walkway.
Step 3: Scan using the system file checker
- Go to the ‘start’
- In the ‘search’ box, type ‘command.’
- Hold down the ‘Ctrl’ + Shift keys while pressing ‘Enter.’
- On the dialogue box that displays, select ‘Yes.’
- A black box with a blinking cursor will now appear.
- Type ‘SFC/scannow ‘ into this box and press ‘Enter.’
- Wait for the scanning process to be completed by the system file checker.
- After that, open QuickBooks Desktop to see if Error 1612 got fixed.
Step 4: If the steps mentioned above didn’t work out, follow the directions provided below:
- Click on ‘Start,’ then ‘Control Panel.’
- Select ‘Programs and Features’ from the drop-down menu.
- Look for ‘Windows installation error code 1612-related program.’
- Choose ‘Uninstall’ after selecting the error code entry.
You may also read : How to reconcile payroll liabilities in QuickBooks?
You can fix QuickBooks Error 1612 by following the steps enumerated in this article. However, if the error shows up again for some reason, you can contact our proficient QuickBooks error support team for quick assistance in resolving this technical issue. All you have to do is give us a call, and our diligent team of experts shall assist you with the problem till it gets resolved.