How to Fix Linksys RE7000 Blinking Orange?
Like any other device, the Linksys RE7000 can also show errors during its working and the
Linksys RE7000 Blinking Orange issue can be one of them. Generally, these LED lights denote the status of the range extender, hence it becomes extremely important to identify their behavior. Let us study this issue in detail and proceed with the troubleshooting of the Blinking orange light issue.
Why is My Linksys RE7000 Blinking Orange Light?
If your extender is blinking Orange, there might be several reasons behind this behavior. You can look at the issue and study the causes. The common causes behind the Linksys Extender Blinking Orange RE7000 can be as follows:
- The range extender might not be properly connected to the router or any other issue.
- When the range extender is on factory defaults and is ready to set up.
- The distance between the home router and the extender.
- The firmware of the extender is not updated and you have been using outdated firmware.
Steps to fix the Linksys Extender Blinking Orange RE7000 issue
Follow the simple troubleshooting tips mentioned below to mend the issue of the Blinking Orange light.
Reboot the extender
Of course, you can practice some advanced troubleshooting tips to stop the blinking orange light issues but why not practice the reboot first. You can unplug the extender from the power source and plug it back again after a few more minutes. This is the easiest method to resolve any issues related to your device.
Ensure a good network connection
The network connection can be one of the major reasons behind the blinking orange light issues. The router must be powered on and check if the connection from the router is stable and smooth. You can also check the internet speed and quality to verify the connection.
Try to reduce the gap between the extender and the router
The connection is disturbed by many devices such as ( microwaves, radios, tv, etc) placed in between the extender and the router. You can change their location and place them closer to each other. This should reduce any network interference and make your extender work again.
Update the firmware of the Linksys extender
You can fix the bugs and improve the functionality of the range extender by updating its firmware. The Linksys RE7000 comes with an Auto Firmware Update feature which will update the firmware of the device automatically whenever a new firmware is available. Just follow the given steps to update the firmware of the Linksys device:
- Login to the Web-based facility of the Linksys extender and choose the option Firmware Upgrade under Administration.
- You can either choose the Automatic Update or Manual Update
- In the Automatic Update, the device will check for the firmware updates itself on the Firmware Upgrade In case any new version is available, you can click on the Update now button and start the progress.
- While in the manual option, you can click the Select a file option and choose the firmware file you downloaded. Then click on Open. Just click on Save and then Start Upgrade and wait until the upgrade finishes.
Resetting the extender
You can reset Linksys extender in the end, if your issue of blinking orange light does not resolve. The reset command will eradicate all your previously saved settings but maybe it’s worth a try. Make sure you create a backup for your saved configurations. Follow the steps given below to perform the reset process on your range extender:
Using the physical Reset button
- Firstly, press the Reset button present on your extender with the help of a paper clip or any other similar object.
- Just keep holding the button for at least 10 seconds until you see the LED blinking.
The device will reboot thus completing the reset process.
Reset via the web-based interface
Resetting via the web-based interface is also an option for you. Follow the series of instructions given below:
- Using any compatible browser access the web-based facility of the range extender.
- Now, choose Factory defaults under the Administration option and proceed with the reset process of the range extender.
Several ways have been mentioned above to fix the Linksys RE7000 Blinking Orange issue on your range extender. In case you wish to know more about the issues, don’t hesitate to chat with our experts in the end.