When you have noticed a black screen, trouble recording, or trouble connecting to the internet, Resetting your Arlo camera is necessary. The question might arise, however, as to how to reset your Arlo security camera.
This post will walk you through resetting the Arlo surveillance camera settings step by step for different models. Arlo Pro 4, Arlo Pro 3, and Arlo Pro 2 cameras are reset in a similar way. Here you will find out how to reset these cameras.
WHY SHOULD I RESET MY ARLO CAMERA?
Factory resetting your Arlo camera restores it to its factory default settings and clears the record of the camera’s previous settings.
Hence, after factory resetting your camera, you must set it up via the Arlo app.
Even though customizing your Arla camera may take longer than usual, it can sometimes solve some of the most common issues you may encounter. Ultimately, you can save time and energy by re-configuring your camera.
HOW TO RESET ARLO PRO 2, ARLO PRO 3, AND ARLO PRO 4 CAMERAS?
The Arlo Ultra and Ultra 2 cameras, along with the Pro 4, Pro 3, Essential, and the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight, are all completely compatible.
Each one is compatible with the Arlo SmartHub and the Arlo Base Station with Siren.
Consequently, resetting these cameras is easy, because you can either reset the Arlo SmartHub or Arlo Base Station, or you can Reset Arlo Camera itself.
RESETTING THE CAMERA ON ITS OWN:
Once the camera LED blinks amber three times after pressing the sync button, release the sync button. If the camera LED does not begin blinking amber three times after releasing the sync button, you must continue the factory reset process.
Arlo Camera Hard Reset Process:
There are two ways to restore the factory settings of ARLO Pro 2.
The First Method
Resetting the ARLO camera requires disconnecting it from your phone. Upon unpairing, the device settings will revert to their original state.
If you want to restore your camera to its default settings, then this method is appropriate for you.
- The ARLO application must be activated before this action can be performed.
- When the application opens, you should tap the Three dots.
- Select Settings from the menu
- Click My Devices at this point.
- To reset a device, you need to select it first.
- On the device settings page, select Remove device.
- The next step is to confirm your choice once you have chosen.
- All of the steps have been completed. When you disconnect the camera, all the settings will revert to their default configuration once you unplug it.
Connecting a second device to the base station is preferable with the second method. Come on, let’s check it out.
- Initially, the Base Station needs to be powered on.
- After turning on the lamp, find the reset hole.
- For inserting it into that slot, you’d need a thin tool. Alternatively, if no special tool is available, you can use a paper clip. It should be as thin as possible before use.
- You should continue inserting it for ten seconds after that. Blinking indicates that you did it correctly. As soon as the light stops blinking, pull out the clip.
- Excellent! ARLO Pro 2 can now be connected to other devices after it has been hard reset.