How To Reset The Brother Printer? [A Comprehensive Guide]
If the Brother printer is not working properly, you may be able to resolve the issue by resetting the printer. This procedure restores your printer to its original factory settings, so it can start working properly again. Resetting the Brother printer is quick and easy and only takes a few minutes.
Visit at- Setup.brother.com
Brother is a well-recognized brand that provides practical and efficient business solutions through its printer range. They produce powerful and well-built printers with high page yield at an affordable price tag and require little replacement of their ink or toner cartridges. In this post, we will guide you on how to reset the Brother printer. Without further ado, let’s get started.
Why Do We Need To Reset The Brother Printer?
There can be several reasons for resetting Brother printer settings, some of which are:
- The printer is not responding properly.
- There is a problem connecting to the computer.
- Software displaying common errors.
- The printer is turning on and off automatically.
If you reset the Brother printer to factory settings, you will eliminate the above-mentioned issues.
How To Reset The Brother Printer To Default Settings?
You need to follow the instructions in the section below to reset the Brother printer to default settings:
- First, you have to remove the network, or the interface cable, to reset all settings.
- From the printer’s control panel, hit the Menu button.
- Select the “Initial Setup” option using the arrow buttons and hit the “OK” button.
- After that, select “Reset” using the arrow buttons and press the “OK” button.
- Select the reset function of your choice using the arrow buttons and hit the “OK” button.
- If you want to ‘Reset All Settings,’ press “1“; if you don’t want to make any changes, press “2“.
- If you pressed “1” in the previous step, hit “1” again to reset your printer, and hit “2” if you don’t want to do this.
So, as discussed above, one can reset the Brother printer to its default or factory settings.
How To Reset The Brother Printer To Default Factory Settings?
In order to reset the brother printer to default factory setting using a software, follow these directions given below:
- Open a web browser and visit the official website of Brother, “Setup brother com.“
- Tap on the Product Search box, input your printer model number and hit the “Enter” key.
- A list of all the drivers available for the printer will appear on the screen.
- After that, select your operating system and press the “OK” button.
- On-screen prompts to download the driver software will appear on the screen. Follow them to download the file.
- Once the file is downloaded, open the file and follow all the instructions on the screen.
- Scroll down, go to “Management Tools List,” and tap “BRAdmin.”
- To Factory Reset, run BRAdmin and tap on your printer name to complete the reset.
- Now, head to the Control menu and press “Network Configuration.”
- If it prompts for your password, provide it and hit the “OK” button.
- At last, press “Factory Reset” from the Control menu.
You can attempt these instructions to factory reset the Brother printer. Ensure the printer is reset to default after performing all the above instructions.
Resetting the Brother printer to factory default settings is a process that can’t be undone. Before completing a hard reset, create a backup file for your documents, password, archive, and IP address.
How To Hard Reset The Brother Printer?
Follow these procedures in the section below in order to hard reset the Brother printer: Visit at- support.brother.com
- First, turn off the Brother printer and detach the power cable.
- Before proceeding, take each cover and lid off.
- After that, you need to plug the power cable back in.
- On the printer’s Control Panel, long-press the “Go” button.
- While holding the “Go” button, you have to hit the Power button.
- Then, wait till the Brother printer is fully powered up.
- Now, you need to release the “Go” button.
- Next, wait until the light indicators stabilize and begin to turn off.
- Hit the “Go” button six times as soon as the light indicator is reactivated.
- Lastly, the Brother printer will be reset to default.
You can easily reset the Brother printer to default settings using these instructions.
These were some quick and easy instructions on how to reset the Brother printer to fix the troubles. So, follow all the instructions properly to complete the procedure.
Source Url- how to reset the Brother printer