Learn Best Methods to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 15301
Intuit’s QuickBooks accounting software has been a boon to small and medium-sized enterprises over the past two decades. In reality, it is widely recognized as one of the most valuable pieces of software, significantly altering and streamlining the accounting and bookkeeping practice. Each year, Intuit releases a new version of the software with updated and new features to ensure its users have a smooth experience.
Despite QuickBooks desktop’s meteoric rise in popularity, frequent crashes have been known to disrupt corporate operations. While most of these issues may be fixed by the user, more complex ones may necessitate intervention from the support staff. When updating QuickBooks desktop or Payroll, you may get the QuickBooks error 15103.
Reasons for QuickBooks error 15103
QuickBooks error 15103 usually occurs while downloading QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll updates but can also happen due to improper configuration. If this problem persists, you won’t be able to use QuickBooks Payroll Services’ new features. Therefore, the cause of QuickBooks error 15103 must be determined before attempting to fix the problem. The reasons for this error are listed below.
- There is an issue with your Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge browser setup.
- When QuickBooks cannot verify a file’s digital signature.
- The network’s poor connectivity may also bring on the error.
- The damaged QuickBooks files could have resulted from an improper installation of QuickBooks.
- Caused by problems with the Windows Registry.
Fixing QuickBooks Error 15103
Method 1: Reinstall QuickBooks from scratch
- The first step is to remove QuickBooks Desktop altogether.
- Launch the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool you just downloaded.
- Manually change the name of the folder where QuickBooks Desktop was installed.
- Afterward, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
Method 2: Digital Signature Certificate Installation
- Open a new window and navigate to C: Program File Intuit QuickBooks QBW32.exe. Next, look for the QBW32.exe file.
- If you don’t locate QBW32.exe in the first search results, try expanding your window’s search to show more results.
- On the next screen, select the computer icon to proceed.
- Select the QBW32.exe labeled as an application file type from the search results.
- Once complete, choose QBW32.exe and click the Properties tab.
- Go to the Signatures section and make sure Intuit Inc. is checked off under the Digital Signatures tab.
- Next, click the Details menu item.
- Select View Certificate from the Detail pane to view the certificate associated with the digital signature.
9. When the Certificate box appears, select Install Certificate.
10. Then, after the Finish tab appears, click that.
11. Then, your computer will need to be restarted.
12. The next step is launching QuickBooks Desktop after the restart.
Method 3: Alter Internet Explorer’s configuration.
- Starting Internet Explorer is step one.
- Select Internet Preferences by clicking the settings.
- Select Trusted Sites > Site from the security menu.
- After that, you must include the subsequent URL: quickbooks.com *.intuit.com
- Once you’ve completed the steps mentioned above, you can exit the form by clicking the Close button.
- Select Apply, and then click the OK button.
- Finally, see if the 15103 error in QuickBooks has been fixed.
Method 4:Set up a firewall and antivirus software.
You should verify that your QuickBooks data have been saved and secured by establishing a firewall anti-virus defender. Incorrect firewall settings can cause corruption of QuickBooks data, especially during upgrades and reinstallations of any version.
- To begin, launch Windows from the Start menu.
- In the search bar, type “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” and click the result.
- Next, click the port monitor button. (Remember your port number; you’ll need it to create port exceptions in your firewall.)
- After you’ve typed in your port number, proceed to the next menu item.
- To continue, click Allow connection and then click Next.
- If prompted, check to see that every profile has been selected.
- Choose the Next button.
- Use something like “QBPorts (year)” as the file name.
- If you’re finished, just click the Finish button.
Method 5: Double-Check Your QuickBooks Online Connection and Settings
Establish inbound and outbound connectivity for your QuickBooks data and set up any necessary security measures. For example, when attempting to update QuickBooks, you may have problems if your firewall needs to be correctly set up.
Method 6: Perform the Update Using Safe Mode
- Launch your computer in safe mode first.
- Then, go ahead and attempt the update download.
- You can switch back to normal mode and restart when it’s finished.
- Finally, you should re-download the update to see if the problem has been fixed.
We have seen in detail the ways to resolve the QuickBooks error 15103. While the error 15103 in QuickBooks payroll isn’t as challenging to fix as it may first appear, getting in touch with the QuickBooks support team is a good idea if the issue persists or you become stuck.