Pros and Cons of Buying Copper Outdoor Lighting Fixtures
When it comes to enhancing the exterior of your home or giving it a classy look, exterior light fixtures come up as the best option. Exterior lights provide better visibility and help your house to stand out from others in the neighborhood. Copper outdoor light fixtures have been gaining popularity for the past few years, and people prefer them for their uniqueness. In this write-up, we’ll discuss some of the vital pros and cons of buying outdoor light fixtures made of copper, so let’s begin with the pros.
- Copper oxidizes over time, and you’ll see a greenish film on it after a few years. The greenish film is called patina and is responsible for protecting the light fixture from corrosion. So, even if you live in a monsoon-prone area or any humid place, buying copper outdoor lighting would be the best option.
- Copper outdoor lighting can completely change the exterior of your home by adding an aesthetic appeal to it. Exterior lights or lanterns made of copper give a classy look to your home, and their innate nature makes them even more elegant. The layer of patina works well and provides a unique look to the fixture.
- Copper lighting fixtures are one of the most durable lights you’ll ever find. They can withstand strong winds, heavy rains, flying debris, and prolonged exposure to sunlight without becoming brittle or rusting. So, you don’t have to worry about the weather when buying a pair or two.
- Some people may find copper lighting fixtures very costly as compared to other options available. Buying copper outdoor light fixtures is not affordable if you plan to install several lights in your garden area or driveway.
- Copper lighting fixtures need high maintenance despite being the most durable option. You have to clean them and take care of the oil system regularly; otherwise, they’ll lose efficiency.
- As copper is such sensitive material, it is essential that you only use specific cleaners on your copper lighting fixtures – general household cleaners will easily ruin the pleasing appearance of the lights. Cleaners that contain ammonia or acid will completely ruin your copper lighting, so to be on the safe side, it is always best to consult an expert before cleaning your copper lights.
All kinds of light fixtures installed inside or outside of your house demand maintenance, and so do copper light fixtures. If you’re keen to give an aesthetic appeal to your home and want the guest to admire your choice, copper light fixtures are the best option for you. Or, if you’re looking for something simple and don’t want to invest heavily in your house’s outdoor lighting, you can consider other options.
If you’re planning to buy top-quality copper lanterns, you can consider buying them from “Gulf Coast Lanterns.”With more than three decades of experience in the business, they’re offering unique designs and over 100 Copper lanterns on display for their clients. You can choose whatever you like, and if you want to give a personal touch, you can also get the light fixture customized.