If you use Microsoft Outlook and all of a sudden you have deleted all emails from your Outlook account that were stored in Outlook’s offline data file (.ost) and you want to recover them, every effort you make fails. So you do not need to worry; now we have come up with the perfect solution for you through this blog, so read this blog till the end to know how to restore Outlook emails from OST files using these solutions.
Now, if we talk about Microsoft Outlook, it is the most famous and widely-used email client in the whole world. also offers resources for managing contacts and calendars. Additionally, it syncs all of your data across logged-in devices so that you can access emails, contacts, and appointments from any location.
On the other hand, an OST (offline storage table) file is a data file created by an email client and personal information manager, Microsoft Outlook. It is used to keep a copy of mailbox data from an Outlook.com, Exchange, or Office 365 account. OST files can contain email messages, contacts, tasks, calendar entries, and other account information. Users can access their email and other mailbox data when there is no Internet access.
Methods to Restore Outlook Emails from OST Files-
In this section, we are going to discuss some practical and easy-to-use methods to restore Outlook emails From OST Files.
Manually Restore Outlook Emails from OST Files
If your Exchange account is disabled (not deleted) and you can still use Outlook. Try exporting emails from an OST file to a PST using Outlook’s “Import and Export Wizard”
Note: For the subsequent steps to be completed, you must have access to Outlook. Additionally, the procedures will change based on the version of Outlook you are using.
- Log in to your Outlook account.
- Click on the “File” >> “Open & Export” >> “Import/Export” option.
- And then select the “Export to a File” >> “Outlook Data file (.pst)” option and hit on the “Next” icon to continue.
Select the email profile or certain folders from which you want to export data to a PST file in the “Export Outlook Data File” dialogue box.
- To select a location on your computer to save the PST file, click Browse next to “Save exported file as:”. From the “Options” area, pick a choice, and then click Finish.
- To secure the PST file, enter a password when requested, or just click OK.
- The chosen email profile or folder will be exported to a PST file once these steps have been completed.
How to Export an OST File to a PST in Outlook
- Click File > Open > Import in the Outlook 2010 email program once it is open.
- Click Next after choosing Export to a file from the list of available options.
- Click Next after selecting Outlook Data File (.pst).
- You can convert email profiles or folders to PST by choosing them. Click Next after checking the Include subfolders checkbox.
- The converted PST file will then be saved in the location you choose on your computer or external drive when you click Browse.
- Select Finish. There will be a pop-up. Click OK after entering a password or leaving it empty.
Automatically Restore Outlook Emails from OST Files
If your account has been deleted or disabled from the mail server, your host data file will be orphaned or inaccessible. So you need to convert your OST file to PST for this. But Microsoft doesn’t provide any tools. So the only way you have is that you have to use the third-party tool OST Recovery for this conversion which is very simple and reliable.
With only a few clicks, the software converts an orphaned or inaccessible OST file into a PST file, enabling users to quickly and easily access email items. Recovery of deleted emails from an offline Outlook Data File is also made possible (.ost).
Best Features of this utility
- Recover & Restore Corrupt File OST Emails, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, etc.
- Outlook OST files can be repaired and converted to PST, HTML, PDF, EML, and MSG formats.
- When fixing OST files, the Recover.bak File created by SCANPST.EXE supports both minor and severe corruption.
- OST the MS Outlook file keeps track of message metadata such as the date and read/unread status.
- Utilize Search Within All or from Selected Drive to Recover OST File Data.
- Tool Removes SMIME & OpenPGP Encryption to Decrypt OST Items
- Software for OST Recovery Processes Offline Folders of Any Size
In this write-up, we have explained to you the top two best methods to do this task. if you choose the free solution so it has some limitations. So, I recommended you use the best and most reliable third-party tool to restore Outlook emails From OST files