Study in Canada: A complete guide
Canada is the first preference of students all across the world. Every year, a plethora of students migrate to Canada to pursue their studies. Well, the supreme reason why most of the students pick Canada over other countries is cost-effective tuition expenses and high-quality education. According to a recent study, almost 35 universities in Canada are ranked in the QS World University Ranking 2020. The best part is, 5 universities in Canada are ranked in the world’s top 100 list.
Canada is popular for its diverse culture and people carry an open heart and welcome everyone happily. The Canadian policy educates everyone about equality, so no need to worry about any discrimination or racism. Well, If you are planning to migrate to Canada, it’s a great decision! For your ease, we are going to discuss some of the essential information such as top universities of Canada, study programs, Admission process and PR method. However, If you still want to acquire proper assistance regarding the study visa process, then you can approach reputed immigration consultants in Jalandhar.
Top universities in Canada
Basically, there are numerous leading universities and colleges in Canada offering various courses and topmost education quality. Students can choose anyone that suits their requirements. So, here is the list of the top 5 Canadian universities that are featured in the top 100 list in the QS World University Ranking 2020:
- University of Toronto ( Rank-18)
- University of British Columbia ( Rank-34)
- McGill University ( Rank-42)
- McMaster University (Rank-72)
- University of Montreal (Rank-85)
These universities offer all the existing courses including under-graduation, post-graduation and diplomas as well. Apart from this, The University of Ottawa, The University of Calgary and The University of Alberta are also the best options you can choose for a bright future. However, if you don’t have enough budget to enroll in university and are looking for the best Canadian college, then you can seek help from a reliable Canada visa consultant.
Top study programs in Canada
The Canadian universities and colleges offer various study programs from UG, PG to even short-term study courses. PG, also known as a Master’s degree course, is usually for 1.5 to 2 years. The duration for UG or Bachelor’s degree courses is basically between 3 to 4 years. Short-term courses are opted by most of the international students and usually last for 6 months or less.
Well, the best study programs in Canada are medicine, engineering & technology, arts, agriculture science, business & finance, health care, media & journalism. After completion of these courses, students can get remunerative job opportunities all over the world. Generally, students who want to enroll in UG or PG courses apply in winter semesters either in the month of December-March or in the month of September-November. However, students who want to pursue diploma courses can apply anytime throughout the year.
Admission procedure to study in Canada
The procedure to get admission in a Canadian university is quite simple. You just need to have the documents mentioned below:
- Secondary school certificate ( If want to apply for a UG course)
- Graduation degree ( If want to apply for a PG course)
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- Evidence of financial assistance
- Offer letter
- Valid proof of English proficiency
- Valid passport
Study permit in Canada
The Canada study visa application process is quite easy and transparent which usually takes 11 weeks. It is legal till the duration of the study program and an additional time of 90 days is allotted to students. The documents required to complete the whole process are an offer letter from a respective university/college, valid passport, SOP, proof of funds and 2 passport size photographs. All these documents are mandatory to get a study permit. To get the detailed information regarding study permits in Canada, you can basically contact the best immigration consultants in Jalandhar.
Apply for PR after studying in Canada
After completing a study program in Canada, you can easily apply for permanent residency in Canada. The Canadian government has introduced various programs which allow international students to get permanent residency easily.
Here are several options for international students to get a PR in Canada:
- Quebec Experience Class: Students who have completed a CEGEP program from an institute in Quebec and know the French language can get a PR under this category.
- Canadian Experience Class: A candidate who has completed 2 years of education and 1 year of work experience after studies can apply under this category.
- Provincial Nomination Program: Generally, a provincial Nominee program is very easy to get into and offers various jobs to skilled immigrants. Students who undertake this program can get a PR quickly and easily.
A few important things you must know about studying in Canada:
- MBA is the most high-paying study program in Canada.
- Canada offers various scholarships to deserving and skilled international students. So, you can take advantage of it
- There is no age limit to apply for a Canada study visa. So, the students who have gaps in the study can give valid and genuine reasons regarding it.
- Students can do part-time work, freelancing and even full-time work to support themselves while staying in Canada.
For more such information, you can associate with the reputed Canada visa consultant. A top consultant can help you in your study visa process as well as PR application after the completion of your studies.
Hence, this is all the crucial information you need to know for studying in Canada. Unquestionably, Canada is the best place to pursue your studies and career. Even if you have done your studies in another country, you can easily reshape your career by migrating to Canada. We hope this article can help you ease your student visa process.