The global respiratory protective equipment market
The report “Global Respiratory Protective Equipment Market, By Product (Air Purifying Respirator (APR) (Unpowered Air-Purifying Respirators and Powered Air-Purifying Respirators (PAPR)) and Supplied Air Respirators), By End-user (Oil & Gas, Fire Services, Petrochemical/Chemical, Industrial, Pharmaceutical, Construction, Healthcare, Mining, and Others), and By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa) – Trends, Analysis and Forecast till 2029”.
- In April 2020, 3M partnered with Cummins to increase production of filters for powered air purifying respirators.
- In July 2020, Drager expanded its capacity for respiratory masks and sets up a production facility in the UK to combat with COVID-19 pandemic.
Adoption of stringent regulatory frameworks
The increased focus of government authorities on the health and safety of workers has created a positive impact on the growth of the respiratory protective equipment market. The government of various countries have undertaken several safety regulations in order to reduce accidents and uncertainties in industries. These rules and regulations have made compulsory for end-use industries to adopt respiratory protection equipment for their workers. Workers working in industries like construction, oil & gas, firefighting, and healthcare, among others, is mandatory to wear respiratory protective equipment. The respiratory protection equipment in the U.S is intended to undergo specifications set by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH).
Rising awareness about the importance of workplace safety
Lung cancer and mesothelioma are respiratory cancers caused due to exposure to silica, asbestos, diesel engine exhaust emissions, and mineral oils. In addition, occupational asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), pneumoconiosis, and other non-cancerous disease are caused due to exposure to a wide range of toxic gases, vapors, dust, and fumes. As per the data published by National Statistics Health & Safety Executives (HSE), about 12,000 work-related deaths occur each year in the U.K. and out of which two-thirds are due to exposure to asbestos. Respiratory protective equipment safeguards workers from toxic chemicals, gases radiological, and nuclear hazards.
Browse 60 market data tables* and 35 figures* through 140 slides and in-depth TOC on “Global Respiratory Protective Equipment Market”, By Product (Air Purifying Respirator (APR) (Unpowered Air-Purifying Respirators and Powered Air-Purifying Respirators (PAPR)) and Supplied Air Respirators), By End-user (Oil & Gas, Fire Services, Petrochemical/Chemical, Industrial, Pharmaceutical, Construction, Healthcare, Mining, and Others), and By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa) – Trends, Analysis and Forecast till 2029
Key Market Insights from the report:
The global respiratory protective equipment market accounted for 1.7 billion in 2019 and is estimated to be US$ 3.0 billion by 2029 and is anticipated to register a CAGR of 7.4%. The market report has been segmented on the basis of product, end-user, and region.
- Depending upon product, air-purifying Respirator (APR) dominated the market revenue share in 2019. These respirators are used to safeguard workers from gases and vapors and that are at lower atmospheric concentrations compared to standard atmospheric concentration.
- In terms of end-user, industrial segment dominated the target market in terms of global revenue in 2019. Rapid industrialization in countries including India, Malaysia, China, and Vietnam coupled with continuous improvement in the occupational health and safety standards is probably to boost market growth.
- By region, North America led the market and accounted for 40% share of the overall revenue in 2019. Growth is mainly attributed due to presence of stringent safety regulations and increasing awareness among employees towards personal safety in most industries. Europe is expected to grow at a significant rate over the forecast period. Factors such as increasing number of respiratory hazards, growing requirement for highly effective RPE, and increasing awareness are expected to augment the demand for RPE in the region.
To know the upcoming trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
The prominent player operating in the global respiratory protective equipment market includes 3M, Delta Plus Group, Ansell Ltd., Avon Rubber p.l.c, Bullard, DuPont, Intech Safety Pvt. Ltd., ILC Dover, Alpha Pro Tech, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Mine Safety Appliances (MSA) Company, and Polison Corporation.
The market provides detailed information regarding the industrial base, productivity, strengths, manufacturers, and recent trends which will help companies enlarge the businesses and promote financial growth. Furthermore, the report exhibits dynamic factors including segments, sub-segments, regional marketplaces, competition, dominant key players, and market forecasts. In addition, the market includes recent collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, and partnerships along with regulatory frameworks across different regions impacting the market trajectory. Recent technological advances and innovations influencing the global market are included in the report.