Tips Care for Your Tennis Shoes, Ensuring They Last Longer
Tennis shoes are a must-have in any wardrobe – they go with everything, they’re comfortable, and they can be dressed up or down. However, they don’t come cheap, so it’s important to take care of them so they last longer.
In this blog post, we’ll explore four ways you can take care of your tennis shoes and ensure they have a longer lifespan. From proper storage to the right cleaning methods, read on for everything you need to know about keeping your tennis shoes in tip-top shape.
Why You Should Care for Your Tennis Shoes?
Your tennis shoes are your trusty allies when you hit the court. They provide the support and grip you need to make those quick movements and keep your footing firm. Like any good friend, they deserve some care and attention in return! Here are some tips on how to care for your tennis shoes, ensuring they last longer:
To keep them in good condition, it’s important to clean them regularly. This will remove any dirt or debris that could damage the material. Use a soft brush or cloth to avoid damaging the fabric.
It’s also important to let them dry properly after use. Wet shoes can lead to bacteria growth, which can cause unpleasant odours. Give them a chance to air out after each wear, and stuff them with newspaper if they’re particularly wet.
Finally, don’t forget to store them in a cool, dry place when you’re not using them. This will help prevent any premature deterioration.
How to Wash Tennis Shoes?
Assuming you don’t have a washing machine designed specifically for sneakers, the best way to wash your tennis shoes by hand is to:
- Fill a sink or basin with cold water and add a small amount of mild detergent.
- Agitate the water to create suds, then submerge your shoes and let them soak for about 15 minutes.
- Use a soft brush or old toothbrush to scrub away any dirt or stains on the shoes. Pay extra attention to the soles, which can often be quite dirty.
- Rinse the shoes thoroughly with clean water, making sure to remove all traces of soap.
- Remove the shoes’ laces and insoles (if possible), and allow everything to air dry completely before putting your shoes back on.
How to Dry Tennis Shoes?
If you play tennis on a regular basis, you know that your shoes can take a beating. They are constantly exposed to dirt and grime, not to mention the occasional rain shower. To keep your shoes in good condition, it is important to clean them regularly and allow them to air dry. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to dry your tennis shoes:
- Remove the laces from your shoes and set them aside.
- Use a damp cloth or brush to remove any dirt or debris from the surface of your shoes. Pay special attention to the soles, as this is where most of the dirt collects.
- Once you have removed all the surface dirt, stuff your shoes with newspaper or another absorbent material. This will help soak up any remaining moisture.
- Set your shoes in a well-ventilated area and allow them to air dry completely before wearing them again.
You can find a fully detailed guide here on this website to learn about washing, drying and taking care of your sport shoes, of which washing and drying are probably the most important ones.
How to Store Tennis Shoes?
When it comes to storing your tennis shoes, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind. First, make sure they are stored in a cool, dry place. Heat and moisture can cause damage to the shoes and shorten their lifespan.
Second, if you’re not going to be wearing them for a while, stuff them with paper or another material to help keep their shape. This will also prevent them from collecting dust and dirt.
Finally, don’t store them in direct sunlight, as this can also cause damage. By following these simple tips, you can help ensure that your tennis shoes last as long as possible.