Understanding All About Gym Rubber Flooring – Rubber Tiles
What do you think does installing a perfect gym flooring makes any difference to gym areas? Will it leave any impression in the minds of people visiting the gym? The answer is pretty simple; yes! Nowadays gym flooring has become an important part of gyms. Do you know why? Since it holds the attention of people and persuades people to join the gym. Yes, that’s true!
There is ample number of flooring options that one can choose for their gym but rubber flooring tiles are quite great. If you are the owner of a gym then you might have hired trainers too. So, trainers train hard; that simply implies your gym subfloor must support the fallen dumbbells and equipment weight.
Rubber Floor Tiles are Designed by Keeping in Mind the Durability Factor
If we talk about rubber flooring tiles then of course they are available in different thicknesses and if it’s about gym; then it’s better to go with at least 8mm but not less than that. The reason for choosing the correct thickness is quite vital to support heavy equipment weight. Else you will get annoyed by the sounds of heavy weights and dumbbells hitting the floor. Also, there are chances that it can damage your floor badly.
Installing a rubber tile floor, no doubt is quite simple that one can install too on its own. Few tiles require glue for installing them while some don’t require any type of adhesives such as glue or tape.
Why Should I Install Rubber Tiles Instead of Other Flooring Types for my Gym?
As a gym owner, you might have this question in your mind and that’s quite common! Are rubber gym flooring tiles better than flooring rolls? Rubber flooring is quite common flooring type and no doubt they come in numerous styles and thicknesses. This, in turn, helps one to choose the tile as per their needs and budget. A lightweight tile like 8mm is ideal for doing yoga or cardio while the 1mm is quite perfect for doing intense training like CrossFit.
Also, rubber floor tiles are simply stained-resistant as well as provide a non-slippery surface for doing workouts in a comfortable way. So, the surface of the gym will not get slippery from sweating or by spilling any energy drink. They protect the floor and are quite sturdy and dent-proof. Rubber tiles are an ideal choice to go for if your training incorporates high-impact moves and it’s easy to install too.
How Long Does It Take to Install Rubber Gym Flooring Tile?
The total time for installing rubber gym flooring tiles depends on the space and the tile type that you are installing. The larger the space, the more number of tiles you will require which will take more time. But few tiles can be installed with much ease and won’t take much time too.
Reasons to Install Rubber Floor Tiles
There are a few reasons that show why one must install rubber gym flooring tiles. Let’s have a look at them:
- Durability: Due to the durability factor, rubber flooring tiles are used mostly in high-traffic areas. It can last for a long time and is an ideal choice for gyms and athletic spaces. The best thing is that it won’t dent and scuff.
- Feels soft underfoot: It is the most favorite choice among gym owners as it feels soft beneath the foot. Also, standing for a long time barefoot won’t cause joint pain as it happens in the case of hard floorings.
- Easy maintenance: Rubber floor tiles can be cleaned easily and is resistant to stains. It’s because these rubber tiles won’t cause stains to accumulate. Simply wipe off the strong spills and vacuum all debris instantly. Also, if tile gets damaged then a single tile piece has to be replaced instead of replacing the entire floor.
- Easy to install: It’s quite light in weight which makes these tiles easy to install. Due to their interlocking nature, there is no need to use adhesives for fixing them.
- Versatile: Rubber flooring tiles are available in various colors, textures, designs, etc. You can select the one that you think fits your gym perfectly.
- Antimicrobial and hypoallergic: It is non-toxic in nature and are resistant to molds, allergens, and fungus too. This makes it a perfect choice for people having asthma or other chronic issues.
- Incredible sound dampening qualities: The best thing about rubber flooring tiles is that they won’t cause walking sounds nor any type of echo to loud sounds. It’s because rubber is a good noise insulator.
Let’s conclude this post with the hope that it will surely be going to help you in making a better decision regarding the rubber gym flooring tiles. But ensure to buy it from reputed manufacturers so that you end up buying a quality rubber flooring tile for your gym surface. Of course, you will spend enough money in buying quality rubber tiles and you don’t want your money to get wasted.