Neon has been around for a long time, the first neon led sign was created in 1910! LED lighted signage is now far superior to neon from performance, quality, and eco-friendly perspectives. LED fixtures are much more energy efficient than neon. Neon is fragile. Over time and repeated use, tubes start to weaken and break. With LED signs you can get more colors than just the classic red or blue. Another benefit of LED is no heat. Neon lights require ballast which tends to break quickly resulting in high repair costs The most significant advantage of LED signs is that they don’t need ballast
Neon has been around for a long time, the first sign was created in 1910!
Neon has been around for a long time, the first sign was created in 1910! The sign was for a restaurant in Paris and it used neon gas to make it glow. Georges Claude created this neon sign, he made it out of glass tubes filled with argon and neon gases. Neon was first discovered in 1898 by two English chemists named William Ramsay and Morris Travers.
LED lighted signage is now far superior to neon from performance, quality, and eco-friendly perspectives.
- LED signs are more durable. A neon sign is a delicate piece of equipment and can break easily, making it difficult to repair or replace.
- LED signs are more energy efficient, which means you’re saving money on electricity costs that would have gone towards lighting your neon sign.
- LED signs last longer than nines because they don’t fade or deteriorate over time like nines do (neons also require constant maintenance).
- The lights in LEDs are brighter than those in neon, so they’re easier on viewers’ eyes if you want them to last longer between installations! And by being brighter overall, this makes sure everyone gets as much visibility as possible from their new signage installation!
- There’s no limit on color options either—you can choose from warm white LEDs for reds and oranges; cool white LEDs for blues/violets/yellows etc.; or any combination thereof depending on what kind of mood you want people walking down the street feeling while looking at these amazing pieces of artistry!
LED fixtures are much more energy efficient than neon.
The main reason that led sign is more popular than the neon is that they’re more energy efficient. Neon lights use a lot of electricity, and they can also break easily if not installed properly. LEDs are much more durable, so they don’t break as often, which means you’ll have to replace your sign less frequently. They also last longer than neon bulbs—you won’t have to buy new ones every few years like with neon signs!
Another great aspect of using LED lights is their brightness: LEDs tend to be brighter than traditional incandescent bulbs or fluorescent ones (which tend to be yellowish). This makes them ideal for outdoor applications where people will be able to see them from afar at night or during the day when it’s sunny outside but still dark inside buildings where people may not want their homes lit up too brightly by putting up large amounts of light fixtures everywhere around town; instead, we’d rather just focus on one area where everyone could see clearly while working away without having any problems whatsoever due directly down upon each other lives being subjected by constant exposure over long periods–including ourselves!
Neon is fragile. Over time and repeated use, tubes start to weaken and break.
One of the main reasons neon signs have fallen out of favor is that they are fragile. Over time and repeated use, tubes start to weaken and break.
Neon lights are also difficult to transport because they require more space than led lights do, which makes them harder to transport across town or across the country.
Finally, neon lights require constant maintenance that can be expensive if you don’t want your sign looking like it’s been run over by a truck (or worse).
With LED signs you can get more colors than just the classic red or blue.
LED signs are more durable than neon lights. They can be made in any size or shape, and they are also more energy efficient.
Neon signs are fragile and hard to transport, requiring constant maintenance. The cost of neon signs is prohibitive for some businesses, who see them as old technology that should be replaced with something new and modern such as LED lights or LCD displays
Another benefit of LED is no heat.
- LEDs produce less heat.
- LEDs have a longer lifespan.
- LEDs are more durable.
- LEDs are more energy efficient, which means they use less power and last longer than neon signs without compromising their brightness or quality of life (and you don’t have to worry about your neighbors complaining). That said, they’ll still cost more than most neon signs but not as much as other light sources like fluorescent tubes or incandescent bulbs—a good compromise if you’re looking for something cheaper but still high quality!
Neon lights require ballast which tends to break quickly, resulting in a high repair cost.
The most significant advantage of LED lights is that they don’t need ballast.
Ballast is the part of a sign that supplies power to the lamp. The ballast can break easily, causing the sign to stop working. LEDs don’t need ballasts. They’re also much less expensive to replace than neon signs, which makes them an attractive alternative for businesses that want their signs up without having to worry about high repair costs or downtime due to broken bulbs or tubes.
LED signs are brighter.
LED signs are brighter than neon signs, which is an important consideration for many clients. Brightness is measured in lumens (lm), and the higher the lumen output, the brighter your sign will be.
LED signs also have a higher contrast ratio than most other types of lighting options—meaning that they can produce more light per watt than any other type of lighting technology available today. This means you’ll get more bang for your buck when it comes to brightness and overall illumination levels!
These benefits make LEDs ideal candidates for building storefronts or billboards within commercial buildings where visibility and safety concerns need to be addressed but still want something eye-catching on display without wasting energy on unnecessary fluorescent tubes or incandescent bulbs that create a glare when viewed from afar by drivers driving past them at night time hours when there’s no traffic around because everyone else has gone home already.”