17 Best Practices for LinkedIn Post Scheduling: A Comprehensive Guide
Discover the ultimate guide to LinkedIn post scheduling! Unveil the 20 best practices to maximize your impact, engage your audience, and elevate your LinkedIn game. Supercharge your social media strategy and unlock the true potential of Free LinkedIn post scheduler tool. Let’s dive in!
1. Set social media goals that align with your business goals
LinkedIn is a powerful social media platform that can help individuals and businesses achieve their goals. However, it can be difficult to know how to make the most of this platform.
One way to maximize LinkedIn’s potential is to schedule posts in advance. This allows you to plan and strategize your content, which can save you time and help you stay on track.
When scheduling LinkedIn posts, there are a few best practices to keep in mind. In this article, we will share 20 of the best practices for LinkedIn post scheduling. By following these tips, you can make sure that your LinkedIn posts are effective and help you achieve your goals.
2. Research the best times to post on LinkedIn
Researching the best times to post on LinkedIn is essential for maximizing the effectiveness of your posts. Every business and individual will have different best times to post as these times depend on many factors, such as the location and size of your target audience as well as the topics being covered.
To find the best time for you to post on LinkedIn, consider using a scheduling tool. These tools provide analytics on when similar accounts to yours experience the most views and engagement. You can also track the performance of your posts in real-time to identify when your target audience is most receptive.
Once you have collected this data, use it to create a content strategy. You can look for patterns in the data to define the best days and times to post. Additionally, you can assign topics to post on the most active days and times and compare results to determine the optimal strategy for your account.
3. Use a content calendar to plan your LinkedIn posts
Using a content calendar to plan your posts provides a structure for your content on LinkedIn and takes away the complexity of having to decide what to post each day. This tool also allows you to plan posts in advance and schedule them to post when they are likely to receive the most attention.
When creating your content calendar, consider a variety of content topics for your audience. You can also use analytics tools to analyze the results of your posts so you can refine your content strategy in the future.
To get started, you should create a spreadsheet to keep track of the posts that you plan to share. Be sure to include information such as the post content, post date, post headline, post categories, and link to the post.
Once you have developed a content calendar, you’ll be able to post consistent and worthwhile content across your account. This will help ensure that you’re consistent and delivering content that is geared to the interests of your target audience.
4. Create compelling content that tells a story
Creative storytelling is an essential aspect of your LinkedIn post strategy. Telling your story in an engaging way can attract attention from potential followers and build relationships with them.
When creating your content, think about what will grab the attention of your target audience and what they may respond to. Choose topics that will resonate with them and captivate them. Use visuals and videos to help your content come alive, and use language that will inspire your readers. This can include using buzzwords, puns, and other creative wordplay.
You can also use storytelling techniques to focus on shared values and experiences. This will resonate with your target audience, allowing them to feel understood and connected. Additionally, showcase how your products and services address the needs of your customers and how they have been able to achieve their goals. This will make your content more engaging and relevant to your readers.
5. Use images and videos to break up your text
When creating content for your LinkedIn post, it’s vital to use images and videos to liven up the content. A post with only text can be too boring for readers. Feature an engaging video to instantly capture the attention of your audience and draw them in. If you can’t produce a full-length video yourself, simply showcase some of the videos provided by LinkedIn, which are made freely available through the platform.
Aside from videos, use interesting images to grab readers’ attention and emphasize the points in your post. Be sure to select the images carefully based on your topic and the message you are trying to convey. Images should be in high resolution and good quality. A few examples of potential visuals include infographics, charts, screenshots, and photos.
Additionally, make sure to include relevant hashtags with each image and video you include. This can help you to gain more visibility and followers on the platform. Without proper visuals, your post can lack visual appeal and engagement from readers. Images and videos can help you to stand out and ensure your post is seen by the right audience.
6. Use hashtags to reach a wider audience
To take your post to the next level, it’s important to use hashtags. Hashtags help you to reach a much larger audience by categorizing your content and placing it in the right conversations. It is important to use only hashtags that are relevant to the topic you are discussing. That way, you will be sure to grab the attention of readers who are searching for quality content related to the topic.
Think of the hashtags you use as labels that lead to more followers and engagement. It’s a good idea to include up to five of the most relevant hashtags in each post. This will help in optimizing your post visibility and relevance. Make sure to use the hashtags after the main body of the post has been written, as this will be the best way to ensure you are getting the most out of them. The hashtags should appear at the end of the post.
Remember, tasteful hashtagging can help you reach a wider audience, which can in turn help you to gain more followers and engagement. With the right hashtags, you can increase your awareness and boost your visibility on the platform.
7. Take advantage of LinkedIn Pulse
LinkedIn Pulse is a content feature of the platform that allows users to create and publish their own blogs. It is an amazing way to get your ideas out to the world and gain some great insights. When you create a blog post, it immediately gets indexed by Google and RSS crawlers. This is great news for your SEO ranking as it will greatly help in boosting your visibility and bringing in more traffic.
The trick to successfully using LinkedIn Pulse is to take advantage of its features. Here are a few tips for using Pulse to your advantage:
- Share the post with all your followers by posting it to LinkedIn Pulse.
- Create an engaging post title – one that is catchy and attention-grabbing.
- Tag relevant influencers and experts to help promote the post.
- Provide useful and valuable content that can be shared throughout the platform.
- End the post with a call to action that gives readers an avenue for staying in touch.
- Use keywords judiciously throughout the post (but not too much!) to help get the post picked up by search engines.
- Add an eye-catching image to make the post more visually appealing.
8. Use LinkedIn Ads
LinkedIn Ads are an excellent way to gain visibility for your posts and reach a large audience quickly and effectively. LinkedIn Ads are a great tool to increase engagement and followers to your page or post.
LinkedIn Ads can be used for both B2B and B2C campaigns, and they can be tailored to different platforms, such as search engines and social media. Through LinkedIn Ads, you can target a particular demographic or industry, as well as run campaigns based on behaviors, interests, and other factors.
Here are some tips to get the most out of LinkedIn Ads:
- Choose relevant keywords and phrases to target the right audience for your message.
- Create targeted ad copies that talk directly to the demographic you are targeting.
- Utilize video and other visual content to enhance your message and engage the audience.
- Optimize your LinkedIn Ads budget by taking into account the targeting and budget parameters.
- Monitor and optimize your campaigns periodically to ensure the best possible performance.
- Run A/B testing to find the best combination of elements that deliver the desired results.
- Leverage LinkedIn Insights to analyze user trends and gain insights to guide your strategy.
- Analyze your post-campaign performance carefully to measure ROI and optimize future campaigns.
9. Host a LinkedIn video
LinkedIn Live videos are effective for engaging with an audience and promoting your business. Live video is a great way to turn your followers into customers and showcase your expertise in a particular format that can be easily viewed and shared. Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of a LinkedIn Live video:
- Make sure the content of your video aligns with your overall business goals.
- Decide how long your video will be and what kind of format it will be in order to keep your viewers engaged.
- Include images and graphics in addition to text to further capture your viewers’ attention and highlight key points.
- Give a call to action at the end of your video to encourage your viewers to take action.
- Promote your LinkedIn Live video through emails, social media posts, and other platforms.
- Make sure to interact with your viewers by responding to comments and answering questions.
- Use LinkedIn insights to monitor viewers’ engagement and optimize your content.
- Create a hashtag to make your video easier to find and promote.
- Have a clear plan for how you will end your video and wrap up your audience’s experience.
10. Use LinkedIn groups
Using groups on LinkedIn is a great way to increase post engagement and attract more followers. Here are some tips for leveraging LinkedIn groups to maximize the impact of your posts:
- Join relevant groups that are specific to your industry and have active members.
- Create original and engaging content regularly that is geared towards the interests of the group members.
- Ask questions and join conversations to increase engagement.
- Participate in or host weekly group activities or challenges.
- Connect with members of the group and encourage their participation in conversations and activities.
- Promote your group content on other social media platforms to increase the reach.
- Monitor group activity and use the insights to improve your content and optimize engagement.
- Engage in discussion threads regularly to establish yourself as an authority and a thought leader in your industry.
- Develop and share case studies to showcase the value of your products and services.
- Utilize LinkedIn ads to increase the reach of your content to new audiences.
11. Partner with other business
Partnering with other businesses is an effective way to boost post engagement and increase brand visibility on LinkedIn. Here are some tips for partnering with other businesses on LinkedIn:
- Identify businesses that are complementary to yours and have an established presence on LinkedIn. You can do this by searching through LinkedIn posts to find companies with high engagement rates, frequent interactions, and quality content.
- Reach out to the business and offer to collaborate together on an upcoming project, press release, or post.
- Develop creative content that is relevant to both businesses, keeping in mind the interests of the target audiences.
- Share each other’s content and highlight the benefits of working together.
- Cross-promote each other’s posts and encourage followers to visit each other’s profiles for more information.
- Host a joint online event and invite followers from both sides to participate.
- Use sponsored content or ads to boost the reach of your posts and increase awareness of the partnership.
- Monitor the impact and use the insights to make better decisions on future collaborations.
12. Spnsor and event
Sponsoring an event is another smart technique to build relationships with other businesses and increase your brand’s visibility on LinkedIn. Here are some tips to make your event a success:
- Choose the right event type and format: Depending on how much you can spend, you can opt for a sponsored webinar, a webcast, a virtual conference, an online hackathon, or an online seminar.
- Create a comprehensive event plan: Outline the goals for sponsoring the event, develop a budget, create a timeline, and plan the structure for your event.
- Design an effective event platform: Choose the right platform for hosting your event. Make sure the platform you choose is secure and can handle the capacity of the event.
- Promote your event: Create compelling posts promoting your event and post them on LinkedIn before, during, and after the event.
- Engage with your audience: During the event, provide live updates to build audience engagement and create conversations.
- Follow up with participants: After the event, keep in touch with participants and thank them for attending. Ask for feedback and follow-up questions.
13. Hold a contest
Contests are a great way to increase engagement with your audience and boost your brand’s visibility on LinkedIn. Here are some tips to hold a successful contest on LinkedIn:
- Decide on the type of contest: There are many different types of contests you can run including giveaways, polls, commenting contests, photo contests, video contests, caption contests, and more.
- Create a compelling prize: In order to motivate people to participate, choose a prize that is interesting and desirable. Consider offering promotional products, a free service, or discounts on products or services.
- Design a contest page: Set up a page on LinkedIn dedicated to your contest featuring the rules, contact details, and a CTA.
- Promote the contest: Create compelling posts promoting your contest and post them on LinkedIn with links to the dedicated contest page.
- Engage with participants: During the contest, provide updates to build audience engagement and create conversations.
- Follow up with participants: After the contest, thank the participants and announce the winner(s). Ask for feedback and follow-up questions.
14. Give away freebies
Giving away freebies is a great way to encourage engagement on LinkedIn. It helps to establish trust between you and your audience, and it shows them that you are willing to invest in them to make sure they get the best out of your products or services. Here are some tips to help give away freebies on LinkedIn successfully:
- Choose the right freebie: Consider your target audience and their interests and choose a freebie that they will appreciate. It could be a free ebook, a discount on a product or service, a subscription to a newsletter, or other types of promotional material.
- Promote your freebie: Create compelling posts to promote your freebie on LinkedIn.
- Ask for feedback: Ask people for feedback on the freebie to get an idea of how it was received.
- Monitor the results: Monitor the success of your freebie campaign by tracking how many people have been engaging with it.
- Follow up with participants: After the campaign, thank the participants and ask for feedback and follow-up questions.
15. Tell stories
The best way to engage your audience on LinkedIn is to tell stories. Everyone loves engaging stories! Stories help your posts stand out from the crowd, and they hold your reader’s attention. Here are some tips to help you tell stories effectively on LinkedIn:
- Keep it relevant: Your stories should be related to your brand, products, and services.
- Keep it simple: Tell stories in short, easily understandable sentences. The simpler the story, the easier it is to follow.
- Make it engaging: Use emotional words, creative wordplay, and vivid images to make your story engaging.
- Show visuals: Use images or videos to illustrate your stories and engage your audience.
- Show results: Show the results of your story to prove that they are worth taking the time to read.
16. Collaborate with other businesses
Collaborating with other businesses on LinkedIn is an effective way to increase your reach and create engaging content for your followers. By working with other businesses to promote each other, you’re able to provide your followers with fresh content and different perspectives.
To get started, search for businesses in your industry or niche that offer services or products that complement yours. Reach out and introduce yourself and discuss the potential for a partnership. Talk about how you could benefit from a collaboration, such as by sharing and promoting each other’s content or creating a special offer for customers.
When collaborating with other businesses, it’s important to be clear about your expectations and goals. Communicate often and openly to ensure that you are both on the same page. Make sure to include details such as how you will be promoting each other’s content, who will be responsible for creating the content, and how each partner will benefit.
By collaborating with other established businesses, you can not only broaden your reach but also find potential new customers. Establishing relationships with other businesses is key to success, and LinkedIn can be a powerful platform to help you do just that.
17. Leverage calls-to-action (CTA)
Calls-to-action (or CTAs) are an important tool for driving engaged users to take specific actions. CTAs can be used in your LinkedIn posts to encourage users to take the desired action, such as visiting your website, joining your newsletter, or downloading a product brochure.
CTAs can be used in a variety of ways. For example, you can add links to products or services that you are promoting in your post. Alternatively, you can use CTAs to drive users to a landing page or product page. Additionally, you can use CTAs to encourage users to download premium content or to join your mailing list.
When using CTAs to engage with your audience, it’s important to make them concise and clear. Aim to explain what action users need to take and why it’s beneficial to them. You can also consider using attractive visuals to make your CTA stand out.