3 Best Options To Quickly Sell A “Moldy” House In Pittsburgh
Mold – four tiny letters that are enough to strike fear in the hearts of home sellers everywhere.
If you’re hoping to sell a house fast in Pittsburgh, you must ensure that your home stays mold-free. You can kiss the deal goodbye if the home inspection reveals dampness and decay. Moldy homes are an instant turn-off for buyers.
Mold affects the structure of your home and leads to health problems like coughing, sore throat, wheezing, skin rashes, and more. The big trouble here is that mold remedial is challenging and expensive. It can cost anywhere from a few hundred dollars to thousands of dollars, depending on the severity of the damage.
The big question is, “How can I sell my house fast in Pittsburgh when the home inspection reveals mold?”
You’ve got three different options. Let’s explore the pros and cons of each method, to help you choose the best home-selling strategy that offers you maximum returns with minimum hassles.
Option #1: Sell To A Cash Home Buyer In Pittsburgh
A cash home buyer is a real estate investor who purchases and flips homes for a profit. These investors are a godsend for distressed homeowners. They buy houses in any condition and situation, even when you’re dealing with enormous challenges like a full-blown mold infestation. The best part – they buy your home in Pittsburgh AS-IS. This means you can sell it as it is without spending thousands of dollars on mold remedial. Most cash home buyers pay the sale price as cash during the closing, or they can deposit it directly in your bank account if you require it.
· Sell your house AS-IS without spending a fortune on repairs.
· Close at your convenience and walk away with cash in your pocket.
· You don’t have to pay closing fees, agent commissions, or hidden charges.
· Complete the sale quickly, within days and not months.
· The cash buyer purchases the property at below-market value.
Option #2: A Traditional Sale Via A Realtor
Yes, you can sell your home as usual, even if you’ve got mold trouble. Generally, the agent looks at the home inspection results and suggests the best ways to remove the mold so you can get buyer offers.
· An agent who has experience helping clients sell homes with damages can suggest the best contractors remove mold and restore your home.
· The real estate agent will work with the buyer’s agent to make the buyer at ease about past mold troubles.
· You’ll have to shell out a fortune for mold inspection and remediation. You’ll also have to spend on HVAC updates and humidifiers, so the mold trouble doesn’t reoccur.
· The sale can take months to complete as you have to fix the home, and only then can you market it to potential buyers.
Option #3: For Sale By Owner (FSBO)
This is the most challenging option to sell a house, as you’re responsible for everything from repairing the property to marketing it and handling the paperwork.
· It’s the best way to raise the maximum money, as you can skip the realtor commission, as you sell directly to the end buyer.
· The disadvantages of this option are similar to the previous choice. Additionally, it’s time-consuming and expensive as you must fix the mold before selling your property.
Which Is The Best Way To Sell A House With Mold?
Ultimately, there’s no single choice that works unanimously for all. Make sure to analyze the pros and cons of each strategy to find the best method that fits your budget and sale timeline.
412 Houses is a professional cash home buyer in Pittsburgh. We help homeowners sell their homes quickly, irrespective of their condition and location. We offer a quick and hassle-free sale to help distressed homeowners sell their property AS-IS without any stress or hassle.