5 Best Ways To Enjoy Roasted Gram (A Nepali Breakfast Cereal)
Roasted gram is a Nepali breakfast cereal that is gaining popularity around the world. It’s a simple cereal made from finely chopped gram (a kind of flour) and roasted in an oven until it becomes soft and fluffy. There are many ways to enjoy roasted gram, but we’ve selected five of our favorites as part of our 5 Best Ways To Enjoy Roasted Gram series. So whether you want to enjoy it with milk, yogurt, or honey, these recipes will have you up and out of bed in no time.
What is Roasted Gram?
Roasted gram is a Nepali breakfast cereal that is made from finely chopped roasted gram flour. The cereal can be enjoyed as an appetizer or as a main dish. It can also be served with milk or cream.
How to Prepare Roasted Gram
There are a few ways to enjoy roasted gram (yakitori), but the easiest way is to make it into a breakfast cereal. To make roasted gram cereal, simply mix together 1 cup of cooked and cooled roasted gram, ¼ cup of wheat flour, and a pinch of salt. Add enough cold water to make a thick paste, stir well, and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
Alternatively, you can enjoy roasted gram as an appetizer by slicing it into thin pieces and serving with dipping sauce or chutney. If you’re looking for something more substantial, try cooking it down into a soup or stew. And finally, if you have time and want to get really creative, try making roasted gram skews using a wood burning stove (see picture below).
Benefits of Roasted Grams
1. Roasted gram is a delicious and nutritious breakfast cereal that can be enjoyed as is, or used in recipes.
2. Roasted gram is a great source of fiber, protein, and vitamins A, C, and K.
3. It is also a good source of magnesium, potassium, and zinc.
4. Roasted gram can be used as a substitute for regular breakfast cereal or as an addition to your diet to boost your nutrients and calories.
Roasted Gram Nutrition Facts
Roasted gram is a popular breakfast cereal in Nepal. It is made from roasted gram flour, milk, and sugar. The cereal can be enjoyed as a snack or breakfast.
Roasted gram has a low calorie count and is a good source of dietary fiber, protein, and vitamins B6 and B12. It also contains minerals such as iron, magnesium, and potassium.
There are many ways to enjoy roasted gram. Some people like to eat it as a snack on its own, while others use it as an ingredient in recipes. Here are some examples:
1) Add roasted gram to oatmeal or yogurt for added flavor and nutrition.
2) Use it as the base for a quick breakfast sandwich with eggs and cheese.
3) Mix together roasted gram, honey, and spices for a tasty sweet treat.
Flavors of Roasted Gram
Roasted gram is a popular breakfast cereal in Nepal. There are many different flavors of roasted gram, each with its own unique flavor. Here are four of the most popular flavors:
1. Masala roasted gram: This flavor is made with spices like cumin, pepper, and cardamom. It has a strong masala flavor that is perfect for savoring as a morning snack or as part of a breakfast meal.
2. Chaat roasted gram: Chaat roast gram is made with spices like chaat masala and mint chutney. It has a tangy, spicy, and sour flavor that is perfect for enjoying on its own or as part of a Maharaja chaat (a South Asian chaat dish).
3. Kaju tedhi roasted gram: Kaju tedhi roast gram is made with cashew nuts and an assortment of spices including chili powder, garam masala, and cumin seeds. It has a warm, nutty, and earthy flavor that pairs well with yogurt or milk for a morning breakfast or snack.
4. Pista rosna roasted gram: Pista rosna roast gram is made with saffron androse waterflowers which gives it a sweetish-tart taste reminiscent of rosewater ice cream. It makes an excellent addition to lavash bread or oatmeal for breakfast or brunch.
After reading this article on how to enjoy roasted gram (a Nepali breakfast cereal), I’m convinced that it is something you must try if you are ever in the area. If you’re looking for a nutritious and filling breakfast that will have you feeling energized all morning, roasted gram should definitely be at the top of your list. Not only is it tasty and satisfying, but it also provides an abundance of essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that help keep your body running smoothly. So next time you’re in Nepal, make sure to stop by a local grocery store and give roasted gram a try!