As a car owner, getting regular check-ups and maintaining your car in excellent condition is essential. Whether you rely on your car for daily commutes or occasional errands, it’s essential to keep up with routine maintenance to ensure your car is roadworthy and safe to drive. Here are nine essential maintenance tips for car owners to help keep their cars running in top condition:
1. Regular Check-Ups: Have your car checked and serviced by a qualified mechanic at least once a year. A mobile roadworthy certificate from a qualified mechanic is a great way to ensure your car is in good working order and meets safety standards.
2. Tire Maintenance: Check your tire pressure regularly and rotate your tires every 5,000-7,500 miles. Tire pressure should be checked at least once a month and kept at the recommended levels to ensure optimum performance and fuel efficiency. In addition, rotating your tires can help keep them in good condition and can also help to extend their lifespan.
3. Oil Changes: Have your oil changed every 3,000-5,000 miles. Regular oil changes are essential to maintain the performance and efficiency of your car’s engine. Be sure to use the recommended grade of oil for your car’s make and model.
4. Fluids: Check and top off all fluids (such as coolant and brake fluid) as needed. Keeping all of the fluids in your car topped up is essential for optimum performance and the longevity of your car’s engine.
5. Lights: Check all lights (including headlights, brake lights, turn signals, etc.) and replace any burned-out bulbs. It’s essential to check your car’s lights regularly to ensure your safety on the road and to avoid any costly repairs.
6. Get a Mobile Roadworthy Certificate: A mobile roadworthy certificate will help ensure your car is roadworthy, safe, and legal to drive. Mobile roadworthy services are available in most states, and they will inspect your car, check for any issues and provide you with a certificate if everything is in order.
7. Windshield Wipers: Wipers are essential for safe driving and visibility in all kinds of weather, so it’s crucial to ensure they are in good condition. If your wipers start to streak or leave streaks on your windshield, it’s time to replace them. Check your vehicle’s manual to determine the correct size and type of wiper blades for your car.
8 . Belts and Hoses: Belts and hoses wear out over time and should be checked and replaced when signs of wear are present. Pay special attention to your car’s drive belts, which are essential for proper engine performance. If you see any fraying or cracking, it’s time to replace them. Similarly, hoses should be inspected and replaced if they show signs of wear or cracking.
9. Battery: Your car’s battery is essential and should be kept in good condition. Make sure the battery terminals are corrosion-free and that the battery is securely mounted. You should also check the battery’s voltage and ensure it holds a charge.
By following these nine tips and getting your car serviced by a qualified mechanic, you can ensure your car is running in top condition and safe to drive. Regular check-ups and maintenance are essential for keeping your car in good working order and ensuring a mobile roadworthy certificate.
Source URL: https://totallymobileroadworthy.com.au/