A description of Vayu Mudra, its method, and its benefits
What is Air Mudra – Vayu mudra is said to balance the Vata dosha. Vayu is a Sanskrit word. It means wind. Vayu Mudra is a posture attached to the hands, which helps to conduct the correct flow of air inside the body. By doing Vayu Mudra, excessive and harmful air comes out of the body. Especially the excess air present in our intestines and harmful air for the body gets eliminated by doing Vayu Mudra. If the air dosha is not corrected by the body, there may be trouble breathing. If this is not corrected, the breathing rate can also be affected. Vayu Mudra is associated with Vata dosha of Ayurveda. This is the reason why the body with a lot of air in the body along with the disturbed Vata is rectified. Join the Yoga Teacher Training in Bali, Vayu mudra is a mudra associated with the compound hand. In Ayurveda, our thumb is called Agni. Whereas the index finger and index finger are related to air. The action which is done by mixing these two is called Vayu Mudra.
Learn the right way to do Vayu Mudra:
Vayu Mudra can be done in any position. This posture can be done sitting, standing, lying down, doing pranayama, or even while walking. To do this, press the index finger well under the thumb and keep the rest of the fingers straight. Do this mudra for 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat it there two to three times.
The effort should be to do this for about 45 minutes throughout the day. On the other hand, people who do not have any stomach-related problems including constipation, such people should not do this yoga. On the other hand, if you do not see symptoms, then this mudra should not be done. On the other hand, to correct the imbalance of Vayu Dosha in the body, a normal person should do it for at least five to ten minutes.
Benefits of Vayu Mudra:
By doing Vayu Mudra, the increased Vata dosha in the body is cured. Aggravation of Vata dosha can cause various problems in the body. Such as tension, confusion, anger, dryness, gas, bloating, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, dizziness, cold hands and feet, joint cracking and tearing, dry eyes and hair, and dry skin Change in appetite is felt. If this yoga asana is done, or if air mudra is done regularly, then this type of problem can be gotten rid of.
- It is believed that by doing Vayu Mudra, about 150 types of air-related defects in the body are eliminated.
- Reducing the excessive gas present in the stomach eliminates the problem of bloating and constipation in the stomach. Therefore, if you have problems with gas, restlessness, or vomiting, then do Vayu Mudra regularly.
- Vayu mudra is the best pose to reduce joint and knee pain
- People who are suffering from Vata dosha or who are suffering from Rheumatism, Sciatica, Arthritis, and Gout, get great relief.
- Doing this gives relief to those people who get worried about small things and get nervous due to small incidents.
- By doing Vayu mudra, the mental stress of those whose head is dizzy and does not sleep, their mental stress is reduced.
- Vayu mudra is very helpful in curing back pain due to Vata dosha. Those people in whom there is a problem of back pain due to lack of synovial fluid, which acts as a lubricant in the joint, and there is a sound of cracking of bones, those people who do Vayu Mudra, get a lot of relief.
- In the case of an imbalance of the endocrine gland, if a person does Vayu Mudra, he gets a lot of relief.
- By doing this our ears work smoothly.
- Hiccups are controlled.
- Dry skin is normal.
- Problems related to bad nails and hair are also cured.
- If a patient suffering from septic paralysis and Parkinson’s disease does this mudra, then he gets a lot of relief, he does not move abnormally and he does not even feel tingling.
- Cures neck stiffness due to spondylitis.
- Vayu mudra is considered extremely beneficial when there is physical pain or to avoid any condition of body numbness. Experts associated with mudras believe that by regularizing it, no disease can knock in the body.
- To do Vayu Mudra, always do it by sitting in Bajrasana posture.
- Vayu mudra can be used to get rid of problems like gout and arthritis as soon as possible.
- Polio patients also get benefit from this mudra.
- Vayu mudra is also considered extremely beneficial for patients with paralysis.
- To know the importance of yoga, and know the expert’s opinions, watch the video
Note- If you have a gas problem, after eating your stomach bloat, then you sit and do Vajrasana and stay in air posture for about 10 to 15 minutes. You will feel relaxed.
Side Effects of Vayu Mudra:
By the way, all mudras are beneficial for our health. But some mudras can also have side effects. If you feel any kind of side effect while doing this yoga, then this yogic action should be stopped as soon as possible, and consult an expert.
When and for how long should one do Vayu Mudra:
If Vayu Mudra is done daily for 45 minutes, then there will be no disease due to an imbalance of air in the body. At the same time, in 12 to 24 hours, this type of problem gets rid of. If you want to get better results from Vayu Mudra, then it is necessary to do Vayu Mudra regularly for two months daily. In whatever position you are sitting or standing, you can do Vayu Mudra if you want.
Doing this mudra daily for 15 to 20 minutes gives much better results. Therefore, if you want to remove air-related problems from your body, then do this yogic kriya regularly.
People of all ages can do Vayu Mudra:
By the way, people of all ages, from children to elders can do Vayu Mudra. On the other hand, people who have constipation, dyspepsia, abdominal swelling, and digestive problems, joint pain, such people should do Vayu Mudra. In the case of joint pain, people do this yoga more and more, even after the pain is cured, but they should not do it. Because in such a situation, there may be loss instead of benefit. On the other hand, after doing Vayu Mudra, when the pain becomes light, and stomach-related problems subside, then it should not be done.
Get expert advice:
If you want health benefits in life, then by adopting this yogic action, you can remain free from many types of diseases, but it is necessary that this yogic action should be done properly. For more information on this topic, consult a yoga expert. On the other hand, if you do not do yoga, then it is important that by including yoga in life, you can remain mentally and physically healthy.