All You Need To Know About Stainless Steel 317L Tubes
What is Stainless Steel 317L Tubes
The high molybdenum content of stainless steel 317L tubes, a form of austenitic stainless steel that resists corrosion in a range of conditions, increases the material’s corrosion resistance. The “L” in 317L stands for “low carbon,” indicating that this grade has less carbon than other stainless steels from the 300 series. Looking for a trustworthy supplier of superior stainless steel 317L tubing? Ashapura Steel is your go-to supplier for high-quality stainless steel goods. To fulfil your unique demands, we provide a large selection of 317L Tubing Distributor in different diameters and specifications.
Here are some key features and specifications of Stainless Steel 317L Tubes:
- Corrosion resistance: In a number of settings, such as the chemical processing, petrochemical, and pharmaceutical industries, stainless steel 317L tubes offer high corrosion resistance. This is caused by the alloy’s high concentrations of molybdenum and chromium.
- High temperature resistance: Stainless Steel 317L Tubes are suitable for high-temperature applications because to their good high temperature resistance.
- Formability: Stainless Steel 317L Tubes may be easily formed into a wide range of forms and sizes due to its great formability.
- Weldability: TIG, MIG, and SMAW welding are just a few of the methods that can be used to weld stainless steel 317L tubes.
- Sizes: Stainless Steel 317L tubes come in a variety of sizes, ranging from small tubes to pipes with a big diameter.
- Standards: Available standards include ASTM A312, ASME SA312, ASTM A269, and ASTM A213, among other national and international standards for stainless steel 317L tubes.
Applications that call for a high level of corrosion resistance and high-temperature conditions, such as chemical and petrochemical processing, pulp and paper manufacture, and pharmaceutical manufacturing, frequently use 317L Tubing Distributor.
Stainless Steel 317L Tube Mechanical Properties
The manufacturing procedure, the exact form of the tube (seamless or welded), and the heat treatment used can all affect the mechanical properties of stainless steel 317L tubes. Depending on the form of the tube and the heat treatment, the tensile strength of 317L stainless steel tubes typically ranges from 515 to 620 MPa (75 to 90 ksi). Depending on the form of the tube and the heat treatment, the yield strength of 317L stainless steel tubes typically ranges from 205 to 310 MPa (30 to 45 ksi).
The normal elongation of 317L stainless steel tubes is roughly 35%, meaning that the material can withstand significant stretching before breaking. The form and heat treatment of 317L stainless steel tubes can affect how hard they are. Usually, the hardness is between 85 and 95 HRB (Rockwell B hardness). It is significant to remember that the tube’s real mechanical characteristics can change based on the particular needs of the application, and the manufacturer must offer a test report proving conformity with the requirements. Additionally, elements like the temperature, pressure, and environment in which the tube is utilised might have an impact on its mechanical characteristics.