Bariatric surgeon in Hyderabad – Dr. N. Subrahmaneswara Babu
Bariatric Surgeon in Hyderabad
Bariatric/obesity/weight loss surgery is an effective treatment option for patients suffering from morbid obesity. It significantly improves obesity-related co-morbid conditions such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and joint pain, sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, heart disease, infertility problems, and many others.
Dr. N Subrahmaneswara Babu is one of the Best gastroenterologists in Hyderabad and he does the Best Bariatric surgeon in Hyderabad. With over 15+ years of expertise in the field of bariatric surgery, he is regarded as the best bariatric surgeon in Hyderabad. Dr. N. S. Babu is currently working as a Consultant Surgical Gastroenterologist and Bariatric Surgery at Apollo Hospital, Secunderabad, and Russh Superspeciality Hospital, Hyderabad. Stands out as a one-of-a-kind bariatric surgery center with state-of-the-art infrastructure and an experienced team of medical professionals providing world-class care.
What is Bariatric Surgery?
Bariatric surgery is nothing but the typical term collectively used for multiple types of weight-loss surgeries. It is also called Obesity Surgery or Weight loss surgery. These surgeries make modifications to your digestive system to support you lose weight. They either limit the quantity of food you can intake or reduce your capacity to absorb nutrition and in some cases both. Such kinds of surgeries are done when diet or exercise plans have not worked out for the person and when the person has some serious health condition as a result of their weight. Gastric bypass is the most common type of bariatric surgery and most surgeons prefer this surgery as it usually has fewer complications than other weight-loss surgeries do.
Who is a Candidate for Bariatric Surgery?
In general, qualifications for bariatric surgery include:
- Body mass index (BMI) ≥ 37.5, or more than approx. 100 kilograms
- BMI ≥ 35 and at least one or more obesity-related co-morbidities, such as type 2
- diabetes (T2DM), hypertension, sleep apnoea, and other respiratory disorders, non-
- alcoholic fatty liver disease, osteoarthritis, lipid abnormalities, gastrointestinal disorders,
- or heart disease
- Inability to achieve a healthy weight loss sustained for some time with prior weight
- loss efforts
Types of Bariatric Surgery:
Bariatric procedures work in two ways to reduce and maintain excess weight long-term. Long-term studies show that bariatric procedures result in long-term weight loss, complete recovery from diabetes, improvement in cardiovascular risk factors, and a reduction in mortality from 40% to 23%. Dr. N Subrahmaneswara Babu at Apollo Hospital and Russh Superspeciality Hospital offers a wide range of surgical procedures such as Gastric Banding, Roux-en-Y Bypass (Gastric Bypass), Sleeve Gastrectomy, Mini Gastric Bypass, and Intragastric Balloon.
- Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty: One of the latest types of weight loss surgery is endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty. In this procedure, the size of the patient’s stomach is reduced with the help of the endoscopic suturing device. When a person’s body mass index is 30 or above, as well as their diet and exercise plan, hasn’t worked out then this surgery is recommended. A significant loss of weight can be observed through the procedure of endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty as the surgery limits the food intake moreover the operation is less invasive and the number of complications is also less.
- Gastric Bypass Surgery: Gastric bypass surgery is also called a Roux-en-Y gastric bypass. In this procedure, a small pouch that is in the stomach is connected to the small intestine directly. And so the food once swallowed passes from the small pouch of the stomach to the small intestine without passing through most of the stomach past and the initial portion of the small intestine. This procedure is the most common weight loss procedure followed worldwide and like any weight loss surgery, this is also done when the diet and exercise plan doesn’t work out for the patient.
- Intragastric Balloon: In this weight loss surgery, a saline-filled balloon made of silicon is fixed in the stomach. This helps the patient to lose weight as the amount of food eaten is limited. And it makes the person feel full even with small portions.
- Sleeve Gastrectomy: Sleeve gastrectomy is a surgical weight loss procedure also known as vertical sleeve gastrectomy. This surgery is done through the laparoscopy method where small instruments are used to make multiple incisions on the upper stomach. Around eighty percent portion of the stomach is removed in this procedure. A small tube-shaped stomach which would be the size and shape of a banana is left behind. Hormonal changes are induced in this procedure to help weight loss. These hormones not only reduce weight but also helps in relieving conditions such as high BP or any typical heart disease related to weight issues.
Benefits of Bariatric Surgery:
In addition to significant and sustained weight loss, there are many benefits, including freedom from comorbid conditions:
Significant improvement in blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- A person’s risk of premature death is reduced by 30 to 40%
- Reducing arthritis pain and improving mobility
- Relief from sleep apnea, asthma, and acid reflux
- Cardiovascular health is excellent
- Relief from depression
- Most importantly, a huge improvement in self-esteem and confidence for the individual
Apollo Hospital and Russh Hospital is a trusted name for Bariatric Surgery. Bariatric Surgery is performed laparoscopically under general anesthesia at Apollo & Russh Hospital. Laparoscopic surgery also known as keyhole surgery has the advantage of less pain, better cosmesis, and faster recovery and discharge.
Recovery Time After Bariatric Surgery:
Patients with bariatric surgery typically have a shorter hospital stay. They spend an average of 2 to 5 days in the hospital after surgery. After surgery, the patient is closely monitored. When you are in the hospital, you are asked to move your legs, breath, cough, and get out of bed. Dr. N S. Babu is the best weight loss surgeon in Hyderabad
Where You Can Get the Best Bariatric Surgery in Hyderabad?
Well, this can be a tricky question for you if you are still not aware of the apollo hospital & Russh Hospital Hyderabad. Both hospitals are committed to Bariatric & metabolic surgery programs based on the health care professional, Dr. N. S. Babu. This application has advanced into a worrying & compassionate guide shape for Bariatric patients with safe outcomes. Both hospitals are Living as much as the 3 pillars i.e.– Care, Compassion & Safety, the fine requirements are constantly modified to offer a comfortable & fine bariatric revel.
What is the cost of Bariatric Surgery in Hyderabad?
The cost of bariatric surgery depends on various factors:
- Surgery type
- Preexisting medical conditions such as diabetes, blood pressure, etc
Apart from the cost of the above-mentioned situations of bariatric surgery cost also depends on the credentials of the performing surgeon and his team, the hospital where it is performed, and the disease status of the patient. The costs incurred during bariatric surgery are recovered in 2-3 years due to cost-saving on medicines, hospitalizations, and investigations which many studies in the western world have proven.
Who Is The Best Bariatric Surgeon in Hyderabad?
The Professional Summary Of Dr. N.S. Babu – Best Bariatric Surgeon in Hyderabad
Dr. N Subrahmaneswara Babu is a leading Surgical Gastroenterologist in Hyderabad with +15 years of experience in the field of surgeries on the abdomen. He is an expert at performing different types of bariatric surgery (Weight loss surgery). He specializes in Laparoscopic gastric skip, Laparoscopic gastric band and Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy for Obesity, Laparoscopic hernia upkeep, Laparoscopic cholecystectomy for gallstones, Laparoscopic antireflux surgical operation for gastro-oesophageal reflux ailment (GORD), advanced laparoscopic surgical treatment and emergency surgical procedure. He pays particular attention to pre and postoperative care to optimize the outcome of your operation and provide you with a smooth recovery after surgery. He is renowned as one of the best bariatric surgeons in Hyderabad.
Who Is The Best Bariatric Surgeon in Hyderabad?
Dr. N. S. Babu and their team has a dedicated and caring approach and will seek to find you the earliest appointment possible with one of the best bariatric surgeon in Hyderabad – Dr. N. S. Babu for your needs. For more information about our comprehensive treatment options, or to request an appointment with the best gastro care clinic in Hyderabad. Call us on +91 9490 8080