Eligibility Criteria to apply for a UK Expansion Worker Visa
In this blog, our UK Immigration Expert reveals the eligibility criteria to apply for a UK Expansion Worker Visa successfully. Read further to understand the essentials of Expansion Worker Visa UK.
What is the UK Expansion Worker visa?
- The UK Expansion Worker visa falls under the ‘Global Business Mobility visas’ category
- This route allows international companies to expand their business in the UK
- It has replaced the UK Sole Representative visa route and is one of the options on a refused UK Sole Representative visa application
- The company can send a senior manager or specialist employees, including business owners, if they can meet the UK Expansion Worker visa Requirements
- Our UK Expansion Worker visa experts in India – Mumbai, Delhi and Bengaluru have assisted many clients in making a successful application for their business expansion, and we can help you too.
Benefits of a UK Expansion Worker visa
With the UK Expansion Worker visa, you can:
- Bring your family to the UK
- Best-suited for SMEs & MSMEs
- NO English language requirement
- Apply for Settlement in the UK in 6 years*
- 5 business members can apply at the same time
What are the eligibility criteria to apply for a UK Expansion Worker Visa?
It is essential to meet the eligibility criteria to apply for a UK Expansion Worker Visa, since not meeting these requirements can lead to a refusal of the visa application.
A valid Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from your UK-based employer
- To meet the eligibility criteria to apply for a UK Expansion Worker Visa, you will need a ‘Certificate of Sponsorship’.
- A ‘Certificate of Sponsorship’ is an electronic document issued by the UK-based employer
- Each certificate has a number, which an applicant can use to apply for a visa
- When you receive a Certificate of Sponsorship, it is only valid for 3 months from the date mentioned on the certificate
- A letter of sponsorship by your UK-based employer must include:
- Confirmation of the applicant’s name (must include your name)
- Confirmation that they are being sponsored as a UK Expansion Worker
- Details of the job, designation, activities, etc.
- Salary and allowances offered by the company
You must have worked for your employer outside the UK
You must have worked for your employer outside the UK for at least 12 months, unless:
- You’re earning over £73,900
- You’re a Japanese national working for a Japanese company that is expanding to the UK
You must do a job that’s on the list of eligible occupations
- Before checking if your job is eligible, you will need its 4-digit occupation code
- This will be mentioned on your certificate of sponsorship
- You must be paid at least £42,400 per year, or the ongoing rate if your job, whichever is higher
- Every occupation code has its own annual ongoing rate
How to apply for a UK Expansion Worker visa?
- You will need to apply online.
- Prove your identity and provide sufficient documents
- Submit your application along with the paperwork
- If you are facing trouble understanding the eligibility criteria to apply for a UK Expansion Worker Visa, you can contact our UK Expansion Worker visa expert
Cost of a UK Expansion Worker visa
You will need:
- £259 – For the application fee
- £624 – For Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS)
You also have to demonstrate you have £1,270 (not to be paid) in your personal bank account to support yourself after you arrive in the UK.
You can do so by attaching your bank statements of past 6 months showing enough funds available to cover.
Processing time of a UK Expansion Worker visa
Once you apply online, it can take up to:
- 3 weeks – if you’re applying from outside the UK
- 8 weeks – if you’re applying from within the UK
Our UK Expansion Worker visa advisors have assisted many business owners and senior specialists in understanding the Eligibility of UK Expansion Worker Visa and making a successful journey to the UK and we can help you too