If you have a child below the age of 2 years, you might be worried when taking a flight. Spirit Airlines allows children below the age of 2 to travel with a parent or a guardian. You can get exceptional customer service and tickets for a low price. But you must be aware of the airline’s infant policy so that you do not face any issues during the trip. Here you will find all the guidelines related to it.
Spirit Airlines infant policy:
- You can travel with an infant aged at least 7 days old; below the age of 2 years old without paying for a seat. You can sit with the infant on your lap.
- Once the infant has the second birthday, as per the Spirit Airlines Infant Policy you have to purchase a seat. If you are taking a round trip, and the baby completes the second birthday before the return trip, you must purchase a seat.
- The passenger with the infant must be at least 15 years old.
- You may need to provide a birth certificate or a passport if the document for proof of age is requested during the trip.
- Only one infant is allowed per passenger.
- You cannot travel if the infant is less than 7 days old, or if life support equipment is required by the baby.
- If you are traveling with an infant, you cannot take a seat on the emergency exit row, the row behind it, or the front seat. Also, seats will inflatable belts will not be given to you.
- You may have to pay taxes and fees for a lap child depending on the destination. The fee may be 10% of the original fare.
- The lap child can be added during the reservation process via the official website or via other channels.
- If you want to purchase a seat for the lap child, you must have a car seat or FAA-approved child harness device.
- You can avail of infant amenities inflight but it depends on the type of aircraft. You can check the availability by clicking the infant availability icon on the flight page easily.
Once you understand the policy, you can book the infant by selecting the number in the infant section when booking the flight. If you have more queries or need extra help, you can call Spirit Airlines Phone Number 1 (855) 728-3555 and speak to a representative. You can request a flight booking with the infant. The customer service agents are highly qualified and efficient in providing timely and efficient service. The flight will be booked for you.
Spirit Airlines Infant Baggage Policy:
- You can check in a stroller or a car seat per infant for free.
- Passengers can get a diaper bag onboard for free in addition to their baggage allowance. The bag must be within the weight and size limit of the carry-on baggage and must fit under the seat or in the overhead bin.
This information will be useful if you want to know about infant policy. For help with any other travel-related query, you can call the Spirit Airlines Customer Service number or use the official website. The number will be accessible to you 24/7 so that your trip becomes memorable.