When you connect Amazon Echo or another Alexa device with Philips smart hue bulb. Then you get a powerful smart home setup and you can control your home light with just voice commands. The below methods will help you guide in how to connect Philips hue to Alexa and methods to enable Hue skill.
To connect Philips hue to Alexa, follow these steps:
- On your phone open the Alexa app.
- Click on three lines icons in the upper left corner.
- Then click on the add device.
- After this do app searches for all the smart home devices including hue lights.
Steps to Connect Philips hue lights to Alexa
Connecting Philips hue light to the Alexa device is not tough as it seems, you can fix it in a few easy steps. Follow these steps to connect Philips hue lights to Alexa:
- On your phone open the Alexa App.
- On the top left corner press the plus(+) icon.
- Then select add devices and then light.
- Then choose Philips hue from the devices list.
- After this click on the discover devices written in the blue rectangle, at the bottom of the screen.
- Wait until the device gets connected and then click on the setup device.
- Then select the room in which the light is located.
- Click on add to the group and then on continue.
- And at last, click the done button on the bottom of the screen.
Steps to Setup Smart Light Group in Alexa
After connecting the Philips hue light to Alexa then you can use your voice commands and Alexa App to turn them on and off. You can also set up the smart light group in Alexa. To do so follow these steps:
- Firstly, Download Alexa App and open the Amazon Alexa app on your phone.
- Click on the devices and scroll down and click on the groups section.
- Then select create group tab and then create a room or device group.
- After that give the name of the room or device group.
- Select the lights that you like in the room and device group.
- After completing all the steps, just by using voice commands or the app you can control your smart home with rooms and device groups rather than individual lights.
When we connect Phillips hue to the Alexa device, then you get a powerful and smart home setup that controls lights with voice commands. Hopefully, this will help you with your problem of how to connect Philips hue to Alexa. Alexa Setup is the best option to get your home smarter.