Southwest Airlines is a go-to choice for those looking for an airline with the most favorable customer-friendly policies. It is your best bet if you change your plans frequently and avoid paying any flight change or cancelation charges.
The Southwest Airlines Change Flight Policy is one of the most generous and helps you modify your itinerary without having second thoughts. So, if you wish to alter the Southwest bookings and are wondering if you can do so without penalty, then you are in luck. Here’s what you should know.
What is the Southwest Airlines Change Flight Policy?
Changing a flight with Southwest Airlines is a very smooth and seamless process. Best of all, Southwest offers a no-penalty change policy, so you won’t be charged a fee when modifying or calling off your Southwest Airlines Booking.
Here’s everything about the airline’s Change Flight policy. Scroll down and have a look.
- Southwest Change Flight policy lets you modify your itinerary as often as possible. However, you must pay the fare difference if the flight you are changing costs more than your previous bookings.
- The airline has a no-penalty change policy, which means that it never charges fees to change your flights.
- If your new booking costs less, the airline will refund the difference to the original form of payment.
- The airline allows passengers to change their flights until 10 minutes before the flight departure, even if they have already checked in. Remember that changing your flight afterward will make your reservation susceptible to Southwest Missed Flight policy.
How to Change Southwest Airlines Booking?
Southwest makes it extremely easy to change or cancel a flight. Follow the instructions below and make the necessary amendments.
- Launch the browser of your choice and navigate to the Southwest Airlines official website.
- Click the “Change/ Cancel” tab on the home page.
- Enter the asked information, such as Confirmation Number, First Name, and Last Name.
- Now, you must select whether to change or cancel your flight.
- Tap Search, and your booking details will appear on the screen.
- Now, you can easily make changes to your flight date, time, fare type, destination, and origin without incurring any penalty charges. However, you must pay the fare difference, if any.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Changing the Companion’s Flight
Southwest Airlines Change Flight Policy isn’t limited to flights booked with dollars. It also applies to those reserved with points or using the Companion Pass. Travelers can easily change a flight linked to a companion’s flight by following the instructions below.
- Go to the Southwest’s Cancel Flight Reservation tab.
- Enter the Confirmation Number, First Name, and Last Name.
- Make changes to your flight ticket and click Continue to save the modifications.
Looking for help? Travelers can also contact the Southwest Customer Representative at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792) for assistance.