How to Create a Journal Entry in QuickBooks Desktop?
Want to learn the process to create journal entries in QuickBooks? Well, if yes, then reading this post will surely help. Journal entries are basically accounting entries made to keep a record of the transactions that take place in a business and with the help of QuickBooks, these entries can be easily recorded. There are certain steps that can be performed to record journal entries in QuickBooks. We will be discussing these steps in our blog today. Thus, make sure to read this post carefully till the end. Or you can also consult our tech support team at 1-888-351-0999 and they will provide you with immediate support and services.
Steps to create Journal Entries in QuickBooks Desktop
The below set of steps can help in creating a journal entry in QuickBooks.
Step 1: Navigate to the Journal entry feature
- Here, you are first supposed to head to the journal entry feature.
- Furthermore, click on the plus icon.
- This will show up a drop-down menu as Create, which will have the Journal Entry option.
- This will further redirect you to the window having the blanks for necessary information.
Step 2: Enter date and journal number
- The journal entry form in QuickBooks online is not at all complicated.
- Edit the journal date, whereas the current date will be automatically entered by QuickBooks.
- In case you are recording any entry from any other date, then ensure to correct the date before moving ahead.
- Fill in the journal number.
- QuickBooks software will automatically enter the sequential number.
Step 3: Entering the need information
- Accounts: It means the accounts in the chart of accounts.
- Journal code: The journal code related to the account is the next thing you are supposed to enter. It is very much important to enter the new journal code. Make sure that you use the same journal code, which is related to the transaction for the debit and credit accounts.
- Debit and credits: You are supposed to look for the transactions in the recent transaction report, and also make a note that the first in line is debits. Another thing is to check out if the debit has changed after the transaction is saved.
- Description: Entering a description to check the transaction details on the report is another important step.
- Name: Now you need to choose the customer, employee, or vendor.
Step 4: Choose to make recurring journal entry schedule
See Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 9000
Performing the steps above might be of some help in setting up chart of accounts in QuickBooks. However, if you aren’t able to even after performing the steps listed above, then in that case consulting our QuickBooks tech support team at 1-888-351-0999 is recommended. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock in providing immediate support services. Feel free to connect with our team and get your issues resolved related to QuickBooks.