How to Develop Virtual Classroom Software for Online Learning?
A well-rounded education can make a difference in the future of a person’s career. Students today can opt to learn online by using the latest technology. A laptop or smartphone can be beneficial in many ways. But, it is distant learning, an idea that has been used before. It’s been in use since the 1800s. The University of Queensland in Australia began its Department of Correspondence Studies in 1911.
The online learning industry is growing in popularity. It gained a significant boost following the pandemic that hit the world (COVID-19). It is predicted to increase by a CAGR of 9.1 percent in the time between 2018 and 2026. This article offers more details about the significance of software development for virtual classrooms as well as the methods by which it is done and its advantages.
What is Virtual Classroom Software?
Virtual Classroom Software, as the name implies, allows teachers to host their regular class sessions online. Students from various schools can use smartphones, computers, laptops, or laptops to connect to online classes with the right tools.
It could comprise one software or some software tools to help students learn and do other tasks. A few of the most well-known activities that can be performed in this online environment are access to course materials, homework submission, checking assignments and academic performance, establishing courses, and grading.
Here are some statistics information, facts, and examples to help you understand it more clearly:
- The industry of mobile e-learning was growing by $38 billion in 2020.
- The anticipated growth from 2017 to 2022 is six Billion.
- The latest technologies are being used in Digital Classroom solutions such as VR and AR and gaming and automated.
- 80 percent of businesses and 50% of educational institutions have utilized an e-Learning platform.
- Some examples of eLearning platforms include Zoom, Blackboard collaborates, EdApp, and Deck Toys.
- LinkedIn Learning has over 16,000 courses across 7 languages.
- Skillshare is an enormous platform with more than 4 million active users and over 24,000 classes.
The Popularity of Digital Classroom Solutions
Learning online is accomplished by using a variety of ways, such as audio and video conference calls, chats in real-time whiteboards, online education materials, and various other tools. This type of learning benefits many institutions, including higher education institutions, government businesses, and employees, by upgrading their knowledge. Technology has been developing over the past few years, making it more efficient and more efficient in learning and customizing solutions tailored to the specific needs of such an eLearning solution.
One of the primary motives for the growth in the use of eLearning tools:
- Studying at home using a laptop or computer is much more relaxed than learning in other places than a college or school campus, such as a park or library. Virtual classes allow individuals to participate in the course at any time or wherever they prefer.
- Students are more likely to skip introductory classes because of being engaged in sports or other excursions. With the accessibility of online learning, you can eliminate this.
- Students living in remote areas typically require help getting to school every day. Online education is ideal for those living in these regions. They can go to any learning institution to get more advanced education and qualification.
- One of the biggest problems is that students need help finding study materials. In a digital classroom, materials for analysis, such as books and notes, as well as assignments and solutions. They are easily accessible to students who have access accounts.
- The pandemic swept the globe and was a problem for all businesses and educational institutions. Many institutions converted their teaching classes into online learning with various solutions, ranging from tools already in use to custom-built solutions.
Here are some figures that indicate the same:
- Udemy is an online platform for learning with over 20,000 professionals and 12 million learners.
- Teachable has 7500 instructors with more than 20,000 online classes with 3 million users.
- 63 percent of students in the USA use online tools for learning.
- The online corporate learning market is expanding and could reach at least $50 billion by 2026.
Main Features For Online Classroom Software Development
In terms of Digital Classroom solutions, you can find a variety of kinds of creative tools one could use. Here are a few of the most popular features:
- Video Conferencing allows students to watch the instructor live as they participate in the session. It could be a tutorial or a class that utilizes the facilities in the classroom. This can include reading what is recorded on the whiteboard and the computer screen.
- Help Desk A simple help desk where students can access and receive technical support in case of any issues regarding the video conference or other features.
- Courses: All of the systems are listed for students to look through. Students can also structure the path they want and arrange it in a schedule.
- Study material: Students will have access to study materials online, assignments, reference materials and notes, lectures, and other materials to help in the current class. Students save time that is usually spent searching for the course material.
- Notifications The notification feature works as teachers and students receive essential information according to their preferences. These could be reminders at the beginning of the following lecture for a student or a reminder to the teacher or lecturer to plan their teaching schedule for the next day.
- File storage: Options for storing files are available to students and lecturers. Students can save lecture videos that they can refer to for assignments and when studying. Lectures, too, can be held for easy access in class. They can also utilize it for future courses or for making changes.
- Evaluation of the performance of Students who study online, attend classes, and submit their work online, it is logical for teachers to evaluate them online. It’s also possible for students to view their performance assessments online.
- Screen sharing: Instructors can screen share with students to facilitate an engaging teaching session.
- Digital certificate: The students are provided with their credentials online, typically as hyperlinks, and are accessible for download.
- Administration: It’s easier for administrators to oversee all students and courses through the control panel online.
How is it Beneficial?
Everyone can benefit in one way or another from virtual classroom management software, which includes students, teachers, and even the institute. Here are the most important advantages:
- Teachers can control their class structure and students using the online teaching method. It lets teachers utilize various sophisticated tools to get their students’ ideas into their minds. It also helps students understand the subject more interactively.
- This is the most convenient alternative for teachers and students. Students won’t have to miss a class because they can take it anywhere, regardless of whether they’re away playing sports, participating in numerous activities, or trying to manage the demands of their unique life with schoolwork. Teachers should not cancel classes when they’re away, as they can do so from anywhere.
- One of the significant issues professional workers have is fitting their studying sessions within their busy schedules. A virtual classroom can solve this problem since it reduces the hassle of traveling between institutions.
- Virtual learning sessions let students learn at their speed.
- Students can take notes of live lessons for later use.
- The course is accessible to anyone worldwide without colossal effort. You can increase the effectiveness of their school or institution by simply putting it online and ensuring everyone can access it.
- It lets students organize their time more effectively and study more interactively.
- Teachers can create unique study materials, apply a systemic approach, and utilize modern technology to help students learn more efficiently.
- Educational institutions can profit in terms of financial gain by charging the students for accessing the classes.
Tips to Develop a Virtual Classroom Software
Virtual classroom software can be customized for every application and comprises some procedures. It may include an archive of the classes that recommend courses based on preferences, process registrations and enroll students, automates assessments, conducts analysis, and so on.
Here are some ideas on how to build this kind of program:
- Find out information about the fundamental needs of the course to ensure that you are aware of the necessity for online solutions to teach.
- It is vital to establish an amount of money to develop the solution. Also, look into the potential costs of development according to your needs.
- There is a variety of software for virtual classrooms; consequently, it is essential to understand the scope of the specifications and objectives of creating this software before approaching a virtual Software creation business.
- The process of planning the software should include an ideation session. This is important because it is the time to choose the number of features they would like to incorporate and what kind of solution they would like to develop.
- Contact the experts from Acquaint Softtech to start the process of designing and developing.
- The software’s cost will be based on many factors, such as the project’s scope, the delivery system, a website or mobile device, and the features to be added.
- A solution like this will require a few basic modules: registration courses, course scheduling, assessments, real-time classes, payment, and teacher management.
Cost to Build Virtual Classroom Software
The cost of creating this kind of software is contingent on a variety of aspects:
- It is based upon the type of project being undertaken, the purpose it is intended to be used for, and the way it will be utilized.
- The requirements for virtual classroom software designed for educational institutions will differ from the requirements of a company.
- One could choose from mobile apps, websites, or custom software.
- The development company’s or developer’s whereabouts can also impact the project’s cost. This is because development companies in Europe, the USA, the UK, Australia, and other European countries generally charge more money. In contrast, those found in Asian countries tend to have lower development costs, such as the ones in India.
- It also varies depending on how complicated or sophisticated your solution is. Simple solutions are likely to be less expensive. But, adding additional options using modern technology such as AR/VR are also accessible. A website or app costs more.
- The majority of the expense is for development and quality control.
- Other processes can also cost money, such as the design of UI/UX analysis, analysis, research as well as project administration.
It is a solution for software that others can develop. Hiring an in-house team is also not recommended since it could be more costly. The most effective solution is employing developers similar to Acquaint Softtech. Contact Acquaint Softtech to Hire developers for feature-rich virtual classroom software.int
Common Applications of eLearning Solution
The use of eLearning is growing in popularity. Many websites, apps, and software provide an array of learning solutions. The most popular kinds of eLearning tools,s include:
- Website: Learning solutions on the Internet that allow students to learn online. Students can access the course materials and lectures and study on the Internet. The main characteristics that this kind of learning offers include using images, text, and videos to make learning more dynamic.
- Virtual classroom A virtual classroom software lets you connect your classroom with teachers using various tools to instruct from home as all students participate in the class from home.
- Microlearning: This distinctive learning technique is growing in popularity, particularly with corporate clients. It usually involves a short 10-minute module that imparts the necessary information while ensuring a higher retention rate and 10-minute learning. This is a great corporate training plan.
- Mobile Learning is one of the most effective techniques for all classes because it’s accessible. It’s convenient, flexible, adaptable, and suitable for different courses. It is much easier to use modern technologies such as AR and VR.
- Training on product knowledge: Nearly all companies face the issue of getting employees acquainted with the software they have in place. Making a custom training course for employees and then making it available online can help achieve the goal. It streamlines the process of business and makes learning easier for all employees.
- Software training: The corporate uses professional software programs essential to routine operations. A customized training solution that instructs employees to follow the company’s needs and use the software can be highly productive. It can be ordered online and accessible to anyone anytime, ensuring that standard errors are avoided, and there is no downtime. This is an excellent method for teaching software such as Microsoft Outlook, AutoCAD, Adobe software such as Photoshop, and many more.
Advantages of a Custom Solution
There are two choices for those who a, re considering the idea of launching classes online. They could either go about it using one of the numerous standard tools and software or create a customized solution with complete control over the content and delivery. It is the most efficient method to create an outline of your requirements and then let the developer integrate it into your app according to your company’s objectives and goals. You can also add new or innovative tools to make learning more simple.
Are eLearning Solutions the Future?
The eLearning tools incorporate microlearning, gamification, video learning, and social learning to make learning enjoyable, engaging, and effective. There are many reasons to believe that the eLearning industry is in good shape and will continue to gain popularity in the coming years:
- It’s the digital revolution, and more people are using electronic devices and the Internet for various purposes, including studying.
- Online learning is more convenient and allows teachers more flexibility.
- The online platform allows access to multiple tools and features that aid understanding.
- The process of assessing is quicker and easier.
- This technique lowers costs for everyone, including the students, teachers, and the educational institution.
- 60% of high school pupils in the USA make use of digital devices every day
- 45 percent of elementary school students and 64 percent of middle schoolers in the USA have at least one educational software daily.
The technology field is constantly changing, resulting in a more extensive range of options for the education sector that offer online education. Software for virtual classes is efficient for all kinds of students, including college education, school students, professional courses, and corporate.
The growing usage of electronic devices and the increasing number of students who prefer to study online indicates that online learning platforms will only grow in popularity. Choosing a reputable software development firm like Acquaint Softtech to develop your custom virtual classroom software will be very useful.
- What is it cost to build an eLearning app?
Many variables determine the cost of creating an eLearning application. One of the significant elements is the selection of the platform. Other factors are what the needs are as well as the development company.
- What’s device required for virtual school?
Depending on the option you choose, you can use smartphones, laptops, tablets, PC, or laptops to access the online course.
- What are the most critical advantages that make up the Virtual Classroom?
Laptops the essential characteristics of a virtual classroom comprise the following:
- Real-time online classroom
- access to the syllabus for the course
- Downloadable study material, notes, assignments, & submissions.
- Record classes to refer back to
- Higher quality of interactivity
- An innovative and creative method of learning by using other techniques, such as AR/VR
4. What’s the software for virtual classrooms?
The virtual classroom program allows students to learn online via mobile devices, laptops, or other devices.
5. Which is the best example for a virtual class?
Some examples of eLearning platforms include Zoom, Blackboard collaborates, EdApp along with Deck Toys.