How to fix QuickBooks error code 1327?
Came across QuickBooks error code 1327 and don’t know what can be done? Well, this error can be seen while installing the program that refers invalid drive number. If the USB device is disconnected from the computer system, then one might come across such an error in QuickBooks. The QuickBooks error code 1327 is installation error that pops up while installing QuickBooks on your computer that appears on the screen with an error message that states: “The drive [drive letter] is invalid. OR Invalid drive [drive letter]”. If you are experiencing similar issue, then feel free to connect with our tech personnel at 1-888-351-0999 and they will provide you with instant support services.
What causes this error in QuickBooks?
The below factors can trigger such an error in QuickBooks. Let us have a look:
- When the user is trying to install QuickBooks into an external memory device, and suddenly loses connection, then he/she can see such an error.
- In case the Microsoft .Net component gets corrupted for some reason, then the occurrence of such an error is quite possible.
- In case the entry for QuickBooks installation in your computer has the wrong drive name or location, QuickBooks Error 1327 occurs.
Steps to eliminate QB Error code 1327
The user can try to fix this issue by working on the registry entries. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- Start the process by backing up the system registry.
- Now, press Windows + R tabs
- The next step is to enter in regedit and also click on run tab.
Head to the specific key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Current Version\Explorer\Shell Folders.
- Search for the entries that list the drive letter mentioned in the message.
- Configure the incorrect drive names to C:\
- Later on save the settings and restart the system and try reinstalling.
- After the installation process comes to an end, revert the changes that were made to the registry earlier.
By the end of this post, we hope that the information shared in above might be of some help in fixing such an error in QuickBooks. However, if you continue to face similar issue in QuickBooks even after performing the steps above, then in that case contacting our tech support team at 1-888-351-0999 is recommended. Our QuickBooks support team of certified QuickBooks professionals have years of experience and expertise in fixing issues related to the software. Feel free to connect with our professionals for any further tech assistance.