How to fix QuickBooks stopped working error?
Trying to work on QuickBooks and suddenly it stopped working or isn’t responding. Did you find this relatable? Well, this is one of the most annoying errors experienced in QuickBooks that freezes the QuickBooks accounting software and at times the user might lose the unsaved data. This error can interrupt the smooth working of the software and occurs due to damaged QuickBooks installation or if the company file gets corrupted. There can be other reasons causing such an error as well, which we will be elaborating on later in this post. To know more, make sure to read the post carefully or you can also get in touch with our team professionals at 1(844)405-0907 and ask our team to perform the necessary steps on your behalf.
Steps to fix QuickBooks stopped working error
The user can try to run Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub to get rid of this error in QuickBooks.
Step 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- The user needs to first close QuickBooks.
- It is suggested to download the most recent version (188.8.131.52) of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- And then save the file somewhere you can easily find it (“like your Downloads folder or your Windows desktop”).
- Note: If you’ve already installed Tool Hub before, you can find out which version you have. Select the Home tab. The version will be displayed on the bottom right or you can select About to view the version.
- After that open the file you downloaded (exe).
- And perform the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- After the install finishes, the user should double-click the icon on your Windows desktop to open the tool hub.
You may also see: QuickBooks Remote Access from Another Computer
Step 2: From the Tool Hub, run the Quick Fix my Program
The Quick Fix will shut down any open background processes QuickBooks uses. It’ll run a quick repair on your program.
- In the QuickBooks Tool Hub, go for Program Problems tab
- And then pick the Quick Fix my Program.
- Start QuickBooks Desktop and open your data file.
Coming to the end of this post, we expect that the reader might be able to eliminate the issue using the set of steps listed above. However, in case of any query or if the user needs our assistance at any point of time, then he/she can get in touch with our QuickBooks professionals at 1(844)405-0907 and ask them to perform the needed steps to eliminate the issue from its root cause.