TurboTax is listed as the world’s top-class tax-filing software, making the business filing process easier than ever. This software has been providing the latest features and functions. However, sometimes it gets some technical glitches that are manageable. In the technical language, those glitches are called error codes. This blog is about TurboTax error code 42016 that might occur while updating the TurboTax software. It will show a message saying, “Error 42016: Unexpected error received.” In order to fix this, you will have to follow a few methods.
The system performance may slow down because of the error, and you may lose your necessary tax-related files. Hence, we have covered all the necessary information you should know to fix this issue.
How Would You Detect TurboTax Error Code 42016?
There are some detectable signs that show the occurrence of error code 42016:
- Crashing of PC while running the software.
- The computer system may start freezing suddenly.
- The software program may shut down on its own without any prior warning.
- The computer may respond sluggishly.
- A sudden decline in internet connection speed.
What Causes TurboTax Error Code 42016?
It is crucial to know the exact reason for the occurrence of error code 42016, to solve the issue easily. This is why we have provided the main causes that may end up with an error. Users may often get the error due to an unstable or poor internet connection. Also, an incomplete download of the TurboTax software may lead to an error. Another reason can be outdated graphic drivers. Lastly, an unsupported or old version of the TurboTax software may cause error code 42016.
How To Fix TurboTax Error 42016?
There are common and technical methods to fix the error code 42016.
Common steps to fix the error code 42016:
- Ensure that you download the latest version of Windows. Make sure it’s updated.
- Ensure that you are connected to high-speed internet.
- Keep your TurboTax software updated.
Now, let’s see the technical ways to fix the error code 42016.
End The Conflicting Programs
Usually, the error occurs when incompatible programs conflict with each other. Hence, to fix this, you need to end all the conflicting programs. To do this, follow the given instructions.
- Press the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys together to open the Task Manager.
- Navigate to the processes tab and click on it.
- End the process one by one after selecting every program. And then click the End Process button.
- Check whether you are still getting the TurboTax Error 42016 on your screen.
- Once you find the program causing the issue, you can move to the next troubleshooting step.
Uninstall And Reinstall The Runtime Libraries
Runtime libraries are a bunch of software programs that allow the application to run smoothly on the device. In some cases, when the library files are not working properly, users can’t run TurboTax smoothly. Due to this, the error code 42016 occurs. Therefore, you should install the Runtime Library files again on your system to solve the issue.
But before that, ensure that you have uninstalled TurboTax using the programs and features option. Then, find the Microsoft Visual C++ redistribution package. After that, click the uninstall option and restart your system once the uninstallation completes. Then, you should download the upgraded version of the redistributable package from Microsoft and reinstall it.
Reinstall The Graphic Drivers
Sometimes, the outdated graphic drivers may result in the error code 42016. Hence, in this case, you have to install the graphic drivers.
- Start the process by launching the Device Manager on your device.
- Then, search for the Graphic driver and click it to proceed.
- Now, right-click on the selected video card driver.
- Next, tap the uninstall option and restart your PC.
- Complete the process by reinstalling the graphic drivers and checking if the issue persists.
Fix Internet Explorer-Related Runtime Error
Many times, users are unable to update TurboTax due to issues with the Internet Explorer browser. Hence, to fix this issue, follow the troubleshooting steps below.
- If you are using Windows 7, tap on the Start menu and click on the Control Panel.
- Then, select the internet options under the Advanced tab. After that, press the Reset button and move forward to the next step.
- Windows 8 and 10 users should click the search option and internet options.
- At last, take your cursor over the Advanced tab and then over the Reset option.
Disable Script Debugging And Error Notifications
- First, move to the Advanced tab on the Disable Script Debugging option from the Internet Options window.
- Then, ensure that you have checked the “Radio” button.
- After that, ensure you have unchecked the “Display a notification about every script error” item box.
- Lastly, select the apply option and click the OK button.
We hope the above methods will help you remove the TurboTax error code 42016. Make sure that you implement the troubleshooting methods in the right sequence to avoid further issues. However, if you are still facing the error, you should not hesitate to take help from the experts. You can contact their customer service experts and get your query resolved.
Source URL: –https://ethanparker12.blogspot.com/2023/03/how-to-fix-turbotax-error-code-42016.html