How to use the built-in QuickBooks File Doctor?
QuickBooks users often face issues when working in QuickBooks. However, there are certain tools that help in eliminating those errors. One such tool is the QuickBooks file doctor tool. The Built-in QuickBooks file doctor is considered one of the best ways to solve various types of errors, files and issues related to data like corruption, network problems, windows set up issues and more. This application is integrated in the desktop version and when any error occurs the inbuilt file doctor will automatically be intimated about it. To learn the steps to use this file doctor tool, make sure to read this post till the end. Or you can also connect with our tech team at +1-844-405-0907 and we will provide you with instant support services.
Basic information about Built-in QBFD
Important information related to built-in QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- This application works only for US, CA, and UK versions of QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks need not be installed on your computer. It uses file and data repair.
- This application makes use of network and diagnosis repair. In this case, QuickBooks should be installed in the desktop running the internal File doctor.
- The in-built QuickBooks file doctor supports windows 10, windows 8, windows 7, and Server 2003-2012.
Read Also: Write off bad debt in QuickBooks Desktop
Using the built-in QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- The very first step is to open the QuickBooks to the no company open window. Don’t log into the file.
- After that, select the file and also click on utilities tab.
- Click on repair file and also click on network problems.
- This will show up an error message, where you need to click on the ok tab.
- After this QBFD will re-launch along with admin rights
- Also, choose yes to the windows UAC prompt.
- To open the built-in file doctor, choose the green wrench icon.
- Hit the continue tab.
- The user will be directed to sign into the company file page, enter the QuickBooks admin username and password and hit next tab
- Select advanced settings and choose the diagnosis file.
- Hit next tab
- After the diagnosis is complete open the company file to see of the issue has been resolved
See Also: Open QBW File without QuickBooks
The steps above might be of some help in using the inbuilt tool. However, if you are unable to access the tool using the steps above or if you require our assistance at some point in time, then connecting with our QuickBooks premier support team at +1-844-405-0907 is recommended. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock in providing immediate support and assistance.