IndusInd Bank FASTag For Car/Jeep/Van Class 4 Vehicles
Cruising on a highway with songs blasting on the radio or going on a road trip with loved ones is a cherished pastime for many of us. But these would involve stopping at the pesky toll booths every now and then. The long lines, the endless arguments over the correct change, and the list goes on and on.
To solve some of these problems, the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) introduced FASTag. As part of its National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) initiative, the NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India) rolled out the IndusInd Bank FASTag program, under the guidance of NHAI and IHMCL (Indian Highways Management Company Ltd.). Let’s find out how this helps make our highway rides smoother.
What Is FASTag?
- The TAG has a unique code linked to a prepaid account and is attached to the vehicle’s front windscreen.
- Every time you go through a toll plaza, the scanner at the plaza reads the code using Radio Frequency ID (RFID) technology and automatically deducts the toll fee from the linked account.
This has become a necessity as toll booths levy double the amount as a penalty if individuals choose to pay in cash.
How to Set Up Fastag For Your Car/Jeep/Van?
You can buy FASTag online from IndusInd Bank by visiting their website. You will need to enter the details as mentioned and submit the necessary documents. Remember the documents required for opening a TAG account depend on the type of vehicle.
For example, for a car owned by an individual, ID and address proof, a driving license, and a passport-size photo of the owner are required along with the car’s RC. You can check the exact documents required for your vehicle here.
You will also need to pay the following charges.
- A one-time joining fees
- A security deposit
- A minimum amount deposited to the account.
These charges are different for different categories of vehicles. Once the form is submitted, charges paid, and the documents verified, the FASTag will be delivered to you.
You could also buy a FASTag offline from the nearest IndusInd Bank branch.
Benefits of IndusInd Bank FASTag
- Quick, hassle-free, and cashless transactions greatly reduce the waiting time at toll booths.
- You can also do FASTag recharge online. For CASA (Current Account Savings Account) customers, the tag account can be recharged automatically from the customer’s bank account when funds are low.
- For non-CASA customers, instant FASTag recharge can be completed using Internet banking, mobile banking, or even a debit card.
- Users will receive SMS alerts for every transaction.
- Your tag account balance will be mentioned in the SMS alerts. However, you can check this online as well.
- The tag is valid for 5 years and can be easily replaced after this period while still using the same tag account.
FASTag is an innovation that has improved life on the highway. With the IndusInd Bank FASTag program For Car/Jeep/Van Class 4 Vehicles, the process is rendered even simpler. Do check out their website now to get your car FASTagged!