Mail Order Marijuana in Canada: Understanding the Pros and Cons
Mail order marijuana (MOM) is a service that allows individuals in Canada to purchase and receive marijuana through the mail. Since the legalization of recreational marijuana in Canada in 2018, this service has become increasingly popular as a way to purchase marijuana legally and conveniently. However, as with any service, there are pros and cons to consider before using MOM. In this article, we will take a closer look at the advantages and potential drawbacks of mail order marijuana in Canada.
Advantages of Mail Order Marijuana
- Wider Selection of Products: One of the main advantages of MOM is the wide variety of products available. MOM companies often carry a wider variety of strains, as well as a wider selection of concentrates, edibles, and other marijuana-infused products than what is typically available at brick-and-mortar dispensaries.
- Convenient and Discreet Purchasing: Another advantage of MOM is the convenience and discretion it offers. For individuals living in areas without dispensaries or for those who prefer not to visit dispensaries in person, MOM offers a convenient and discreet way to purchase marijuana.
- Accessibility: For people with mobility issues, MOM services can be a great way to access marijuana products in the comfort of their own home.
- Lower Prices: Mail order marijuana companies are not bound by the same overhead costs as brick-and-mortar dispensaries. This often translates to lower prices for customers.
Potential Drawbacks of Mail Order Marijuana
- Safety of Products: One of the main concerns is the safety of the products being shipped through the mail. MOM companies must comply with strict regulations to ensure that the products are packaged and labeled in a way that makes them child-proof, but there is always a risk that the products could be intercepted or tampered with during transit.
- Expertise of MOM Companies: Another concern is that MOM companies may not always have the same level of knowledge and expertise as brick-and-mortar dispensaries. While MOM companies must comply with strict regulations, they may not have the same level of experience and knowledge as dispensaries when it comes to recommending the right strain or product for a specific condition or ailment.
- Shipping Delays: There is always a risk of shipping delays, which can be frustrating for customers who are waiting for their products to arrive.
- Limited Interaction: With MOM, customers are not able to physically inspect the product before purchasing, which can be a disadvantage for some.
Mail order marijuana in Canada offers a convenient and discreet way to purchase marijuana, with a wider selection of products and lower prices. However, it is important to keep in mind the potential drawbacks, such as the safety of the products being shipped through the mail, the expertise of the MOM companies, shipping delays and limited interaction with the products. It is always recommended to do proper research, read reviews, and compare prices before ordering from any mail order marijuana company.