Method to Setup Netgear AC1200 Wifi Range Extender
This Netgear WiFi range extender creates a FastLane connection to your current router or WiFi modem. Unlike other regular WiFi extenders, this dedicated connectivity increases the existing internet speed and enhances the overall WiFi network performance.
So, now you are quite familiar with the Netgear AC1200 WiFi extender. Let’s proceed further with its setup process.
There are two main methods to perform Netgear AC1200 WiFi range extender setup: using the installation assistant and via the WPS push button. Both methods are discussed in brief below:
Netgear AC1200 Extender Setup Using Installation Assistant
Follow the instructions mentioned below to install your Netgear AC1200 wireless extender using the installation assistant:
- Firstly, place your extender in the same room as that of your existing router.
- Plug it into a power source and turn it on.
- On your PC or laptop, open the WiFi manager and connect to the extender’s network.
- Now, open a web browser of your choice.
- Head over to mywifiext.net web page.
- When prompted, fill in the username and password for login.
- In case you are getting the ‘password and username is incorrect’ error after multiple login attempts, contact our expert technicians via chat or email.
- Once done, the Netgear installation assistant will come into view.
- Walk through the on-screen steps and complete your Netgear AC1200 setup.
Now, unplug the extender and place it to a new location in the home where you want. Make sure that the extender is placed at a certain distance away from radioactive devices such as microwaves, treadmills, washing machines, baby monitors, cordless phones, Bluetooth gadgets, and refrigerators.
Reconnect all your wired and wireless devices to the newly-created extended WiFi network. In this manner, you can boost your WiFi with the Netgear extender.
Netgear AC1200 WiFi Range Extender Setup Using WPS Push Button
Found the above setup method a bit tricky for you? Worry not! We have another way for you. Use the WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) button for the Netgear AC1200 setup. Here’s how to set up Netgear AC1200 extender using WPS:
- Place your AC1200 extender to an optimal location and turn it on.
- Now, press the WPS button on it.
- You will notice that the WPS LED light starts blinking. It indicates that the extender is getting configured with the existing router.
- After some time, there will be three solid green lights on your extender. It shows that the configuration process between your extender and router has been completed.
- If you don’t see any LED light on your Netgear extender, get connected with our experts.
- On the off chance that your router provides support for the 5 GHz band, repeat the aforementioned steps once to connect the extender to 5 GHz band.
Once done, unplug the extender and place it anywhere in the home you like.
Congrats! Your Netgear AC1200 extender has been set up and installed properly. Connect all your WiFi-compatible devices to its network and enjoy uninterrupted internet connection throughout the home, even in the backyard.
How To Setup Netgear AC750 WiFi Range Extender
The Netgear AC750 line of wifi range extenders is equipped with dual-band technology that operates at both 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies at the same time. It has the ability to give a maximum speed of up to 750Mbps, which helps to eliminate interference in your network. It comes with two WiFi modes as well as two antennas to provide superior wifi network coverage than the competition. The Netgear AC750 Setup will let you utilize your extender in two distinct modes when you complete the process. The device may be used to extend an existing network, as well as to build a new Access Point. Let’s get started with the setup procedure.
For Netgear AC750 Setup follow the instructions given below:
- Turn on your Netgear AC750 range extender and wait for it to connect.
- It should be placed closer to the home router.
- Wait until the power LED on your AC750 is completely green before proceeding.
- You must now obtain a mobile device of your choosing.
- Connect your wifi-enabled device to the existing network using the included USB cable.
- Open a web browser and navigate to www.mywifiext.net to get started.
- Navigate to the New Extender Setup screen.
- To complete the setup procedure, simply follow the on-screen directions.
- Following completion, disconnect the booster and reconnect it between the dead zone and your wireless router.
That’s how you may manually configure your Netgear AC750 router. However, the manual technique is not the only option to configure your booster; you can also configure it using the WPS Setup software. In the future article, we’ll talk about how to configure your repeater using the WPS approach.
Netgear AC750 WPS Setup
Let’s have a look at another method of Netgear ac750 wifi range extender setup, namely the Wireless protected setup (WPS), which is believed to be the quickest method of configuring your repeater. The Netgear AC750 WPS Setup will take no longer than 2-4 minutes to complete. Let’s have a look at how this setup is going to be completed.
The following are the procedures to complete the Netgear AC750 WPS Setup:
- Turn on your Netgear AC750 router.
- Place it in close proximity to the current router.
- Wait until the power LED on your AC750 turns a solid green color before continuing.
- On the booster, press the WPS button to turn it on.
- After a minute, you should also push the WPS button on the main router.
- When your booster illuminates with three solid green lights, it indicates that you have completed the installation procedure.
- It’s time to disconnect your AC750 and move it to the region where you’re experiencing dead spots.
Follow the instructions outlined below to update the firmware on your Netgear AC750 router:
- Plugging in your Netgear AC750 to a power outlet is the first step in getting it up and running.
- Locate your repeater and your current router in close proximity to one another.
- Go to www.mywifiext.net using any web browser of your choice.
- To log in, enter your username, passphrase, and SSID in the appropriate fields.
- Select the settings option, followed by the firmware upgrade option.
- It is not necessary to disconnect your AC750 during the upgrade procedure.
Following these instructions will allow you to upgrade the firmware on your Netgear AC750 to the most recent version available.