Multiple Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1638
QuickBooks Error 1638 indicates that the source used for installing QuickBooks is damaged. However, inadequate internet access might also cause this technical error to appear on the screen. Because of this error, QuickBooks may stop responding while performing the financial operations in the program. The desktop may freeze, and other technical issues may creep in due to this error.
To fully comprehend the various causes generating this error, we strongly suggest users to read this article to the end. So, let’s start off with the various solutions to fix Error 1638 in QuickBooks.
Primary factors that lead to QuickBooks Installation Error 1638
- An incomplete or failed installation of QuickBooks desktop.
- Your computer has been infected by malware or a virus.
- QuickBooks installation files may be corrupted.
- Errors in the Windows Registry.
- Deleting QuickBooks files may also result in Error 1638 in QuickBooks.
Methods for sorting out install error 1638 in QuickBooks
Follow these methods to rectify the QuickBooks error message 1638:
Method 1: Configure setting of .NET Framework.
- Close any open programs, including QuickBooks.
- Now, open the Windows Task Manager (Short key: Ctrl + Alt + Delete).
- End all the QuickBooks processes in the Processes tab.
- Now, open the Control Panel.
- Move to Programs and Features tab.
- Choose the option to Turn Windows features on or off.
- Opt for .NET Framework.
- Next, unmark the box beside .NET Framework 4.5 (or later).
- Follow up by clicking on Save.
- Subsequently, restart the PC and try to set up QuickBooks once again.
Method 2: Use Install Diagnostic Tool offered by Intuit
- Install the QuickBooks Tool Hub. The same can be downloaded from the website of Intuit.
- Soon after, get the tool installed on the system.
- When the operation is successfully completed, open the Tool hub.
- Choose the Installation Issues tab.
- Select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Let the tool diagnose for any generic installation-related issues and let it fix them accordingly.
- After that, restart the computer and try setting up QuickBooks to make sure that QuickBooks Error message 1638 has been fixed.
Method 3: Clean installation of QuickBooks
- Open the Control Panel.
- After that, click on Programs and Features.
- Select QuickBooks and then pick the Uninstall/Change option.
- Proceed with the uninstallation of the program. The previous installation although unsuccessful may have partly some of the QuickBooks files. As such, the user should still be able to uninstall the accounting program.
- Once the uninstall process is finished, rename or delete the QuickBooks folder.
- Now, reinstall QuickBooks and make sure to use an authentic source for the installation of the program. Further, you will also be required to enter the correct product key while activating or registering the program. So, make sure to keep them at your disposal.
Having surpassed all the updated methods to fix Error 1638 in QuickBooks, we reach to the end of this blog. If you have technical unawareness and want guidance from our experts, you can call us at our dedicated helpline number i.e., 1-800-761-1787. Our QuickBooks error support experts will make sure that the issue gets sorted out at the earliest.