Re-installing QuickBooks Using Clean Install
While using QuickBooks, sometimes users may encounter issues with the software and may need to perform a clean reinstall. A clean reinstall assists to fix any technical issues and make sure that the application runs smoothly. In this article, we will provide step-by-step instructions on how to perform a clean reinstall of QuickBooks for Windows.
How to Reinstall the Desktop Version of QuickBooks
Note: Make sure you have your installation CD or QuickBooks Desktop download file, as well as your license numbers, ready before removing your accounting software.
Method 1: Uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- When using a keyboard, open the run command by first pressing Window + R.
- Enter “control panel” into the Run command and hit
- Choose or click the “Programs & Features” option.
- Select QuickBooks from the main list of all files in the section below, and then click the options to uninstall or alter.
- Once you have finished the process, do as instructed.
Method 2: Rename the QuickBooks installation folders
A user will be given the opportunity to use the QuickBooks clean install tool, which allows you to rename any folders you create on your device. Therefore, you can modify your QuickBooks installation directories manually if a user decides not to use this tool.
- First, download or use the clean installation tool for QuickBooks.
- Manually rename the folder where QuickBooks Desktop Installation is located.
- Any remaining folders will result in access denied errors.
Method 3: Finish by downloading or reinstalling QuickBooks Desktop
Carry out a clean installation procedure as described below:
- Restart the computer or, if using a laptop, make sure any undesirable apps and tabs have been closed before continuing.
- Create a Windows registry backup.
- Make sure to uninstall all versions of the QB software after this.
- All QuickBooks processes, such as QBCFMonitorService, QBDBMgr, QBDBMgrN, QBPESEVNT08R, QBW32, and QBWebConnector, should now be terminated by opening the task management tab.
- Rename all of your Intuit folders to Intuit.old at this point.
- C:\ProgramData\COMMON FILES\INTUIT
- C:\Program Files\Intuit or C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit (64-bit)
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit or C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit (64-bit)
- Repetition will help you maintain control including KEY LOCAL MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\., so go ahead and do it.
Several Crucial Points
- As you work, restart your system to ensure that no QuickBooks Db services are active while the installation procedure is taking place on a computer device. You can ask our QuickBooks Error Support team for assistance if you run into any difficulties while following these instructions.
- Install the most recent QB software version. Let’s go from the newest version to the oldest version.
- Upon completion of the installation process. A user must open the database server manager (Note: if the user is on the server).
- Make sure you’ve accessed the company file after the software installation is complete. If the initial installation step goes smoothly, continue and install all subsequent versions that you need. Perform a self-test on each installation after it is finished.
Hopefully, the steps listed above will assist you and correctly troubleshoot your problems. Ask for professional advice from our skilled technicians if you run into any issues. They have a broad understanding of accounting and are able to solve any unidentified QuickBooks Error Codes that a user may encounter when installing QuickBooks software.