Safety Work Gloves
A Brief Guide on Safety Work Gloves
Safety gloves are a piece of personal defensive equipment used to protect hands from any injury. There are several types of safety gloves to choose from, depending on the environment and job you are in. Safety Gloves may not be the first item that comes to mind when you think of personal protective equipment. Though it is something you think you may want to reconsider but need not do that. To guard your hands, safety gloves are the best to consider for work. Workers using their hands – especially in more hazardous professions like construction, utilities, maintenance, and manufacturing exposure to lacerations, and burns is a risk that you can’t afford to take.
In this article, we’ll discuss all the important information about safety work gloves. Let’s take a gist of it –
Why should I wear safety gloves?
Safety gloves work to protect your hands from a long list of potential injuries like burns, cuts, abrasions, punctures, fractured, and broken bones, and from being crushed. These will best prevent the injuries which can lead to serious and irreparable impairment including nerve damage, carpal tunnel syndrome, and even amputation.
Workers must carry their safety gloves, if for no other reason than to avoid the obvious pain and sorrow associated with accidents concerning the hands. Do not mention the inconvenience and expense of visiting an ER and MASH unit and then dealing with follow-up appointments during what could easily become a long and uncomfortable recovery period. Employers should encourage workers to wear sustainable safety gloves to protect hands as well as underrate scheduled delays and avoid absence.
Benefits of wearing safety gloves –
So, we’ve till now discussed the reasons why you should wear safety gloves, describing both the dangers and possible resulting injuries that can occur when workers are using any hazardous equipment. Now let’s talk about its benefits.
No matter how careful you may think you’re being, workers having not been properly trained or having no other protection from unforeseen incidents are putting themselves in any way. Wearing the proper safety gloves, receiving training, making sure equipment is not defective, and securing your workplace to decrease injury. Prioritizing the workers’ safety is so critical no matter the industry or the job at hand. Some other benefits are –
- Protection from infection and contamination
- Protection from burns and electrical dangers
- Protection from cuts, abrasions, and punctures
- Protection from fractures and amputation
What does this mean for employers and workers?
- Enhanced productivity
- Improvised the health of employees
- Safer and more secure work environment
- Reduced workplace injuries and absences
- Reduced staff turnover
- Enhanced reduced fines and legal fees
Types of safety gloves for different –
Hand injuries occur across the board from construction to medical, agriculture, and hospitality fields, like chefs, servers, canning, laboratories, and pharmaceutical. The common thread making worker safety including hand safety a priority. One shall consider becoming familiar with the different types of safety gloves available to one. Some different types of gloves have proven to minimize or prevent hand injuries across a variety of industries –
- Leather gloves include comfort dexterity, cut resistance, grip control, and puncture resistance.
- Kevlar gloves are highly important when it comes to being flame resistant, making them a favored choice for those who work with high levels of heat like welders.
- Nitrile is known for its puncture-resistant waterproof, grease, oilproof, and chemical resistance.
- Butyl Rubber is another choice for those who are working in laboratories in the medical field or other industries involving the use of chemicals.
- Cotton/Fabric safety gloves always pass the test with flying colors when it comes to keeping hands clean, protecting against abrasion, and reducing and absorbing sweat.
- Coated Fabric
Things to consider for buying the best safety work gloves –
Besides the right size of gloves, there are many factors you would need to consider when choosing the best safe work gloves. These are –
- Palm Coating
- Glove Lining
- Cut Resistance Level
- Abrasion Resistance
- Puncture Resistance
- Tear Resistance
- Impact Resistance
Wrapping up –
If you are looking to get a good pair of work gloves that you can choose whenever you need them and can keep on all day, check out the gloves Easy Aid. Easy Aid is your go-to medical equipment supplier for construction safety gloves, offering an extensive range of heavy-duty work gloves and other health care products.