Sapphire Optical Windows for High Performance Applications
Sapphire is a crystalline form of aluminium oxide (Al2O3) that is known for its high strength, hardness, and chemical resistance. Sapphire windows offer a broad transmission range, high hardness, mechanical strength, and chemical resistance, making them ideal for demanding applications.
Application of Sapphire Windows
These optical windows are used for a variety of applications; some of them are:
- Laser systems: They are used to protect the laser component from damage and to transmit the laser beam efficiently.
- Medical devices: They are used to provide a clear view of the surgical site and to transmit the laser beam precisely.
- Spacecraft: They are used to protect the components from damage and to provide a clear view of the space environment.
- Semiconductor manufacturing: They are used to protect the semiconductor wafers from damage and to provide a precise alignment of the wafers.
- Industrial inspections are used to provide a clear view of the inspection target and to protect the inspection system from damage.
Advantages of Sapphire Windows
These windows offer a variety of advantages over other optical windows, including:
- Strength and hardness: It is made from the hardest material, which makes it suitable for applications where the window is subject to wear and tear.
- Chemical-resistant: These windows can tolerate the harsh environment, making them ideal for use in a variety of applications.
- High optical quality: They can be polished to a very high optical quality, making them ideal for applications where image quality is critical.
- Wide wavelength range: These are transparent over a wide range of wavelengths, from the UV to the IR.
If you are looking for high-performance windows, COE Optics is a leading manufacturer of optical components, including sapphire windows. They offer a wide range of windows in different sizes, thicknesses, and coatings.