Seven essential tips to consider while navigating DVC resales!
Selling or buying a Disney Vacation Club (DVC) resale is complicated and requires more than just a few clicks. As the market for DVC resales continues to grow, it’s essential to be aware of the potential pitfalls and take certain precautions when entering any possible deals.
Why should you resale your DVC points?
There are many reasons to consider reselling your DVC points. Here are just a few:
- You can make a profit: If you purchased your DVC membership when prices were lower, you can resell your points for a higher price and turn a profit. It is especially true if you purchased directly from Disney, as resale prices are typically much higher than the price Disney charges for new memberships.
- You can use the money to fund other vacations: If you’re not interested in using your DVC points to take breaks at Disney resorts, you can sell them and use them to support other holidays. It could include cruises, trips to Europe, or even staycations at non-Disney resorts.
- You can pay off debt or save for retirement: For many people, selling their DVC points is a way to generate extra income that can be used to pay off debts or save for retirement. For example, selling your DVC points could help you pay it off quicker if you’re carrying high-interest credit card debt.
Here are seven essential tips to consider while doing DVC resales:
- Research the market: Before you get too deep into the process, it’s essential to understand the current market conditions. Doing your research upfront can save you time and money by helping you avoid making any hasty decisions. Look at current prices, rental rates, points per night, availability, and other factors that impact how much value you can get from a purchase or sale.
- Know your reseller: Working with reputable resellers is critical in DVC resales since they will handle your paperwork, contracts, and payments throughout the process. Do some research about each company before deciding who you want to work with, and make sure they have good ratings from previous clients who have used their services in the past.
- Understand the contract: Read through the fine print before committing to anything to know what you’re getting yourself into. Also, keep an eye out for any hidden fees or costs associated with any particular deal so that there are no surprises down the road when it comes time to pay up.
- Consider financing options: If you’re buying a DVC resale, financing options may be available depending on where you’re purchasing from, so make sure to ask about those upfront if they interest you. Financing can make things more affordable without having to break your budget to do so.
- Check transferability: One of the great benefits of owning a DVC timeshare is its transferability. It can be transferred from one owner/family member to another if necessary without too much hassle. However, not all contracts are transferable, so make sure to check this first if it’s something that interests you!
- Look out for upfront fees: Some resellers will require upfront fees to begin processing your paperwork and contracts, which is normal, but make sure that these fees are within what would be considered industry standard so that there isn’t any funny business later!
- Get professional advice: While researching online can give us lots of valuable information about potential deals, sometimes it’s best left up to professionals who have experience dealing in this market day-in-and-day-out, so don’t hesitate to seek out qualified advice when needed!
Doing DVC resales is challenging, but following these seven tips should help ensure that everything goes smoothly during your transaction. Make sure to do plenty of research and get professional advice if needed for things to go smoothly! With these tips in mind, anyone should feel confident enough when navigating this complex market environment!