Sew-in hair extensions have been around for decades and are a popular choice among women who want to add volume and length to their hair. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at sew-in hair extensions and everything you need to know before getting them.
What Are Sew-In Hair Extensions?
Sew-in hair extensions, also known as weaves, are extensions that are sewn into your natural hair using a needle and thread. The extensions are attached to small braids that are made from your natural hair, providing a secure and long-lasting hold.
The Pros of Sew-In Hair Extensions
- Long-lasting: Sew-in hair extensions can last for several months with proper care and maintenance.
- Versatile: Sew-in hair extensions can be used to create a variety of hairstyles and looks.
- Natural-looking: Sew-in hair extensions blend seamlessly with your natural hair for a natural-looking result.
- Suitable for all hair types: Sew-in hair extensions can be used on all hair types, including fine and thinning hair.
The Cons of Sew-In Hair Extensions
- Potential damage: Sew-in hair extensions can cause damage to your natural hair if they are not installed and removed properly.
- Time-consuming: Installing sew-in hair extensions can take several hours, depending on the amount of hair being added.
- High maintenance: Sew-in hair extensions require more maintenance than other types of hair extensions.
How to Install Sew-In Hair Extensions
Installing sew-in hair extensions should always be done by a professional stylist. Here’s how the installation process works:
- Section your hair where you want to add the extensions.
- Create small braids using your natural hair.
- Sew the extensions onto the braids using a needle and thread.
- Repeat the process for each section of hair where you want to add extensions.
How to Care for Sew-In Hair Extensions
Proper care and maintenance are essential to keep your sew-in hair extensions looking beautiful and healthy. Here are some tips to help you care for your sew-in hair extensions:
- Wash your hair regularly to prevent dirt and oil buildup.
- Use a gentle shampoo and conditioner specifically designed for hair extensions.
- Avoid using heat styling tools on your hair extensions.
- Don’t sleep with wet hair extensions.
- Don’t scratch your scalp or pull on your extensions.
How to Remove Sew-In Hair Extensions
Removing sew-in hair extensions should always be done by a professional stylist. Here’s how the removal process works:
- Cut the thread that is holding the extensions in place.
- Gently pull the extensions out of your hair.
- Detangle your natural hair and remove any remaining braids.
- Wash and condition your hair thoroughly.
Sew-in Hair Extensions can be a great way to add length and volume to your hair. With proper care and maintenance, sew-in hair extensions can last for several months, making them a popular choice among women who want a long-lasting solution for their hair.