Steps to fix QuickBooks error Code 15215?
At the time of downloading payroll updates, the user might end up in QuickBooks error Code 15215. This is a typical error that appears while updating payroll and maintenance release. It can be a result of limitation in access and the server gets failed to respond. The error comes up with an error message “Error 15215: Unable to verify digital signature”. This might restrict the access to the server that leads to low or no response. The user might stumble upon this error if there is any conflict with any application running in the background at the time of downloading and installing a payroll update. To know more about this error, continue reading this post till the end. Or give us a call at +1-844-405-0907, and let our experts fix the error for you.
What leads to QuickBooks error 15215?
The following factors can trigger such an error in QuickBooks:
- Incorrect QuickBooks installation
- In case the QuickBooks payroll files or windows system get corrupted due to malware or virus or any other infection
- Also, if the QuickBooks file is deleted due to any mischievous activity
- Or if the Microsoft internet explorer has incorrect configuration
See also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 80070057
Verify Use TLS 1.0 is checked, and Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are unchecked in the Internet Options window of Internet Explorer
In order to get rid of the error code 15215, the user can verify Use TLS 1.0 is checked, and Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are unchecked in the Internet Options window of Internet Explorer. The steps to be followed in this method are as follows:
- At first, the user should shut down the QuickBooks application.
- And then, open internet explorer tab.
- Once done with that, the user should move to the tools icon and internet option tab
- The user is then required to hit a click on advanced tab.
- Followed by look for the option Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 in the advanced settings tab.
- The next step is to check if the USE TLS 1.0 is marked.
- And then, confirm that Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 aren’t checked.
- The user is then required to click on ok tab to close the windows.
- And also, shut down the internet explorer.
- Moving ahead, the user should reboot the system once he/she restarted or reopens the QuickBooks software.
- The last step is to try to download the QuickBooks update again.
Read Also: How to Open QBW File without QuickBooks
Once the above-stated steps are performed, it is believed that the user might be able to deal with the issue permanently. However, if the error continues to trouble the user in any case, then it is suggested to get in touch with a team of professionals who will help the user get rid of the error permanently. Our QuickBooks error support experts and certified QuickBooks professionals can help you in eliminating the error from its root cause.