Steps to resolve QuickBooks error code 6000 77?
QuickBooks error code 6000, 77 is often seen when the file is stored in the wrong folder. These days the accounting standards and the software has transformed the way entrepreneurs carry out their accounting activities. But the error code 6000, 77 plagues the system, when the user does not enough of the permissions to gain access to any QuickBooks file. The users are required to resolve this issue as soon as possible, as it might cause some serious damage to the data. Thus, if you are facing any such error, do not avoid it and make sure to resolve it as soon as possible.
Factors causing QuickBooks error 6000, 77
There can be multiple factors causing QuickBooks error 6000, 77, a few of which can be as follows:
- The user can encounter this error, in case the user is having insufficient authorization to the server system
- Also, if the company file is damaged or corrupted, the error is most probable to occur
- Error 6000, 77 can also be seen, if the QuickBooks is not updated to the latest release
- The user can also come up with this error if the company file that the user is trying to open is missing or damaged
- If you are running an outdated QuickBooks version, then it is most probable to come up with this error
- Also, if the company file is stored on external storage instead of being in the local drive or a network
- In case a mapped drive is referred to for opening the company file, the user could encounter with such error
See Also: Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15107
Steps to fix the QuickBooks error code 6000 77
The error can be successfully fix by simply recreating the damaged folder. The steps involved in here are as follows:
- The very first step is to open the windows explorer, press windows + E and then move to the C:\ drive of the system
- And then, the user needs to craft a new folder in the C: drive and then name it QBtest123
- Moving ahead, open the folder that the company file is located
- The next step is to right click the .qbw file and then click on the copy from the drop-down list
- Once done with that, the user will have to paste the file into the newly created files
- And then set windows access permissions to share the company file
- Followed by, opening QuickBooks desktop and then open the file from the
- new location
This brings us to the end of this post where we hope that the information and the method we have discussed above might be of great help to the user in fixing the QuickBooks error 6000, 77. However, for any further trouble or for any further information, you can call us anytime at our toll-free number i.e. +1(844)405-0907, and our QuickBooks support team will be happy to help you!