Uneven Eyebrows – How to Perfectly Shape Your Eyebrows
It is said that a small flaw can bring out the beauty in things. If you have asymmetric eyebrows and know how to own them, there is no need to fuss over trying to make them perfect. But if you do want to reshape your uneven eyebrows, there are many effective ways to get the desired look.
Before choosing a treatment, it is good to understand the reason behind the unevenness. There are different reasons behind asymmetrical eyebrows, like patchy spots due to uneven growth patterns, where some hair follicles remain dormant while others continue to grow. Some people may also find one side of their brows extending longer or having a higher arch than the other.
Amongst the many options available to help you achieve a flawless brow look, some people may prefer cosmetic makeup solutions. In contrast, others may look for more permanent solutions like microblading uneven eyebrows or threading.
What Causes Uneven brows?
Uneven brows are more common than you think and can occur naturally or due to cosmetic treatments.
Overplucking: Grooming of eyebrows often involves waxing, tweezing, and plucking as the go-to methods for many. These techniques may be effective in shaping and trimming your brows, but they can also have uneven results. If you tend to pluck hairs from one side of your brows more frequently, it can result in asymmetric brows.
Hair loss: Frontal fibrosing alopecia is a type of hair loss that affects the scalp and eyebrows. The loss of hair from the brows may give them a patchy look, with sparse hair in some spots compared to others. The patchy areas can make your brows look irregular.
Botox: You may notice irregular brows after undergoing some cosmetic treatments like Botox. The Botulinum Toxin works on the fan-shaped muscles called corrugators, and the forehead muscles called the frontalis to minimize wrinkles on the forehead or remove crow’s feet.
However, sometimes muscles under one eyebrow are impacted more than others leading to uneven brows.
If you have started noticing asymmetrical eyebrows for any of the reasons, do not panic, as there are many ways to fix it.
Give it time to grow: If you have a habit of plucking your brows too often, then the best way to bring back symmetric brows is to wait for the brow hair to grow completely. For most people, it takes four weeks to a year for brow hair to grow completely. Once your eyebrows return to their full glory, you can reshape them to achieve the desired look.
Medication: If your uneven brows are a result of some health issue like alopecia, then you should consult your doctor and start the treatment accordingly. You may need to apply gel or foam or resort to oral treatment to cure alopecia. Whatever the process, you will need patience for the eyebrow hair to regrow so you can sculpt it again.
Cosmetic procedures: Brow lifts are common among people with one brow higher than the other. This surgery improves the appearance of the brows, the forehead, and the areas around the eye by lifting the soft tissues and skin of the concerned places. As it is an invasive procedure, people sensitive to anesthesia or unwilling to take the risk of common side effects like scarring, numbness on the forehead, or witnessing further hair loss at the incision site may not prefer this solution.
Non-Invasive Treatment and Makeup: Here are a few of the safest, most effective, and least time-consuming solutions to fix uneven eyebrows:
- LIDS BY DESIGN: These instant correcting eyelid tapes can give you the desired brow lift in seconds without any side effects. It works all day long and is also safe to wear while sleeping. Each box has 80 correcting strips, and you can choose from 6 different sizes to get your ideal lift.
- B5 Prep Pads: These pads should be used before applying LIDS BY DESIGN as they help to gently exfoliate your skin so that the eyelid tape bonds perfectly with your skin. It has restorative B5 acid making it safe for everyday use.
- COLORSET All-In-One Pencil: As the name goes, this is an all-in-one pencil giving you even-toned skin, enabling you to conceal under eye darkness, brighten and recontour cheekbones, and also help you prepare your eyelids for makeup that could effectively reduce the unevenness of your brows.
- TRANSFORMING SHADOW BASE: This is the secret to attaining perfect eye makeup. A little bit of TRANSFORMING SHADOW BASE can actually transform the way your eyes look by maximizing the shadow pigments and allowing you to create dreamy eyes with symmetric brows.
Contours Rx has all the products you need if you are looking for a safe route to achieving even or symmetric brows. Visit https://contoursrx.com/products/, and you can stop worrying about your uneven brows and create the beautiful look you have always desired.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do you fix uneven eyebrows?
There are many ways to fix uneven eyebrows, like your eyebrows might be irregular due to overplucking, threading, etc. In that case, you can wait for them to grow to their full length and then reshape it. However, if the asymmetry is due to an underlying health condition, you must visit your physician and get medication. Other ways could be cosmetic procedures like a brow lift, microblading, and makeup. Makeup done right can fix asymmetric eyebrows and give you the desired look.
- Why do my eyebrows look so uneven?
Your eyebrows may look uneven for natural reasons or result from cosmetic treatments. Threading, waxing, microblading, or plucking with tweezers can result in asymmetrical eyebrows.
- Why are my eyebrows uneven?
Excessive grooming, like waxing, tweezing, and plucking, can make your eyebrows look uneven. Sometimes, to make your brows look symmetrical, you might keep plucking hairs from each side alternatively, which may result in patchy spots giving your brows an uneven look.
- Are uneven eyebrows noticeable?
Whether your uneven eyebrows are noticeable depends on the extent of the asymmetry. Sometimes uneven eyebrows are not even prominent to others if the difference between the two brows in terms of thickness or height is not much.
- Can microblading fix uneven eyebrows?
Microblading is like a temporary tattoo that can help even out eyebrow shape. This process involves slicing into the superficial layers of the skin and inserting an ink pigment of the same color as your natural brows. Microblading uses techniques that even out and fill uneven patches in your brows but also mimic the color of your natural brows. The results of microblading can last for a few months, but it’s recommended to schedule appointments with your surgeon every 6-8 weeks.
- Why one of my eyebrows is higher than the other?
If you are wondering why one of your brows is higher than the other, it is because the muscle tone, that is, the amount of tension in muscles, is stronger on one side, making one of your brows sit higher than the other.
Check Out Our Products:
CHECK OUT OTHER BLOG PAGES:
- Eyelid Tape – Comparison of Top Brand Eyelid Tape
- Hooded Eyelids – How to Get rid of Hooded Eyes
- About LIDS BY DESIGN
- Non-Surgical Eye lift – Alternative Treatments for Droopy Eyelids in 2021
- Uneven Eyes – How to Easily Fix Asymmetrical Eyes
- Causes of Hooded Eyes
- Eyelid Tape For Ptosis The Best Non-Surgical Eye Lifting Treatment
- Drooping Eyelid Celebrities With Hooded Eyes
- How to get rid of milia under eyes
- How to Fix Droopy Eyelids Instantly