Do you find your work experience in harmony with the Software Tester 261314 occupation? If yes, then you are eligible to apply for an ACS assessment for this occupation. However, only being eligible doesn’t mean that you will have a successful assessment. For that, fulfilling all the relevant requirements is a must.
Therefore, we have written this blog to familiarize you with some necessary information related to the Software Tester 261314 occupation. In this blog, we will tell you about the visa provision, tasks, job description, required skill level and the like.
A professional holding this position specifies, develops and writes test plans and test scripts. In addition, they produce test cases, carry out regression testing and use automated test software applications. They do so to test the behavior, functionality and integrity of computer software. Moreover, they document the results of tests in defect reports and related documentation.
This occupation features on the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL). Therefore, one can apply for a Skilled Nominated 190 visa or a Skilled Regional Nominated 489 visa.
If employed in this occupation and desiring to pursue a GSM visa, apply for state nomination to move to Australia.
Keep in mind: Although this occupation is the STSOL, no state may currently have a demand for people in this occupation. The online assessment only lists occupations currently in demand by an Australian state or territory. Therefore, if the occupation doesn’t appear on the online assessment, you’d better consider seeking an employer sponsor in Australia.
The following are the tasks that a Software Tester 261314 has to perform in Australia:
- The professional consults, researches, analyzes and assesses system program requirements.
- They identify technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems and related methods, procedures and processes.
- Professionals test, debug, diagnose and correct errors and faults in an application programming language within protocols, quality standards and guidelines. They do so to ensure programs and applications perform to specification.
- The professional writes and maintains program code to fulfill system requirements, system design and technical specifications. They do all these things as per quality accredited standards.
- Professionals write, update and maintain technical program, end user documentation and operational procedures.
- They offer guidance, advice and expertise in developing proposals and strategies for software design activities. These activities can be financial evaluation and costing to recommend software purchases and upgrades.
Being familiar with these tasks will help you write an excellent RPL ACS report. In your report, your work experience must harmonize with these tasks and help you demonstrate your competency convincingly. Only by doing that, you will be able to attain a positive RPL Australia assessment.
Required skill level:
Most occupations in this group have a skill level equal to a bachelor’s degree or higher qualification. At least five years of work experience or/and relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification. In some cases, related work experience or/and on-the-job training may be needed besides the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
English language eligibility criteria:
We have provided below the English language requirements for the occupation of Software Tester 261314:
- A result of IELTS in which your score must be 6 (R, W, L), 7 in speaking and 7 overall;
- An OET result in which you need to have a grade in all sections;
- A TOEFL iBT in which you must score (L:12, R:13, W:21 and S:23 overall L93);
- Attain PTE Academic with a minimum score of 50 (W, R, L), 65 in speaking and 65 overall.
Australian Graduate Exceptions can apply in some Australian states/territories.
Priority Skilled Lists may apply a specific requirement in some Australian states/territories.
The countries that are exempt from submitting OET or IELTS are the UK; New Zealand, Canada; the USA and Ireland.
Where compulsory registration or licensing is necessary, demonstrate an English level sufficient to satisfy licensing/registration. Or, it can demonstrate a minimum IELTS, or equal, whichever is higher.
Common mistakes in writing an RPL ACS report:
When preparing your RPL ACS report to demonstrate your competency for the Software Tester 261314, don’t commit these mistakes:
- Partiality in your projects:
Showing a biased attitude in your projects can lead to rejection. If paying more attention to a particular project, it will help the authority form a negative image of you. ACS will think that you do only what you love to do. In the case of having an unwanted task, you will not give it 100% focus. So, pay equal focus on each project.
- Grammatical mistakes:
Writing a relevant report to this occupation with grammatical mistakes can spoil the quality of your report. So, keep your report free from any grammatical and spelling mistakes.
- Choosing a project without much consideration:
When choosing the pathway of RPL for ACS assessment, choose a project allowing you to demonstrate your competency. If you choose a project you find boring or confusing, you will set the stage for rejection. It is because demonstrating your IT knowledge, skills and work experience effectively and convincingly is a must.
If you need further information regarding Software Tester 261314 ANZSCO, contact us freely.