Where’s My Refund? Check My Tax Return Status 2022 Via TurboTax
So, you have filed your taxes with TurboTax and are eligible for a refund but don’t know where to check it from. You don’t need to worry; This ultimate guide to Checking Your Tax Return Status with TurboTax in 2022 will provide you with everything you need to know in order to track your refund quickly and accurately.
You’ll learn how to determine if your return has been accepted, how to view the status of your return, and how to get help if you need it. So, let’s get started.
Average Refund time
How long will the refund process take depends upon the process you used to file it–by e-file or by mail.
Returns filed with e-file usually get processed fast. The refund process takes place within 21 days in 90 percent of the cases.
Mailed paper returns are best avoided, as they take a long time to get processed. And the IRS as well, advises against using this method. IRS usually recommends you wait at least 4 weeks before checking the status. And the actual refund takes even longer, generally 6 to 8 weeks.
Checking The Tax Refund Status
Once you file your return, ideally, you should follow a series of checking habits at regular intervals to know if your refund took place. Let us talk about these checking habits below.
- You need to check the return status first, as it is important to see if your return got accepted on not. This should be done 24 – 48 hours after you e-filed.
We are discussing the detailed process below.
- Visit TurboTax’s “where’s my refund page” using the link below.
- Once on the page, scroll down and click the “Track my refund” button.
- You will then be directed to the IRS official page.
- Click the “Check Your Refund” button.
- You will then see a refund form where you need to fill in a series of information to get it through.
- Choose your tax year
- Now enter your Social Security Number
- Choose your Filing Status
- Then enter the refund amount
- And Click Submit
That should submit your refund checking form.
- Once you do the steps shown above, you should see your status as “Return Received.” If you see this status, this means they have started processing your return. However, you won’t see a tax refund date until the tax authority (IRS) processes and approves your return.
- Once your return is processed, your status should be changed to “Refund Approved.” This should take a few days to happen. IRS should now give a tax refund date for your reference.
- If “Where’s My Refund” shows you “Refund Sent” status, this is good news for you. This means IRS has already sent your return to you, and your bank should process it within 5 working days. In case you avail of a mail service, then you should expect the mail to take several weeks to arrive.
So, that should wind up your “Where’s My Refund” refund checking with TurboTax. We tried to cover it comprehensively and went into specifics of every step. We hope you were able to check your refund status. If you weren’t, then you can write to us talking about the same.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When will I see the refund date after checking my refund status from the “Where’s My Refund” portal?
You won’t see your refund date right away. In fact, you won’t see the refund date until your refund is approved by IRS. And it takes time, as it has to go through a series of steps. First, the return gets received, then it gets processed, and finally, your refund gets approved.
It’s been 3 weeks since I filed my return, and I have still not received any refund; what might be happening?
It is hard to point out exactly what might be happening. Some refunds do take more time than others. Sometimes the refunds get delayed due to errors.
I asked them to send a refund directly to my bank, but they mailed me instead; why so?
IRS limits the number of deposits they send directly into a single bank account per year. You might have exhausted your limit, or maybe your bank account has been flagged as suspicious for some reason by IRS.
Does “Return Approved” means the refund is sent to my bank account?
No, “Return Approved” means your return is approved for refund. However, it is still not sent. it will take a while before the status updates to “Refund Sent,” which exactly means what it says.
Will my refund be deposited on Sundays?
You might have noticed what we said earlier: “Working days.” Unfortunately, it does not matter how badly you want your refunds to be processed on weekends, including Saturdays. It won’t happen.
Visit – TurboTax login