Which UG Program Should You Choose for a Better Career: Data Science or Security?
As technology develops, corporate enterprises are becoming dependent on IT specialists to carry out their business operations more efficiently. Data production has increased significantly over the globe. Data scientists and cybersecurity professionals are in demand since they maintain, examine, and secure this data.
So, which UG program is a better choice for a successful career? An in-depth analysis of B. Tech data science and cyber security courses is required for the conclusion.
Data Science Course Description
Bachelor of Technology in data science is a four-year undergraduate program split into eight semesters. You learn coding skills, analysis of vast unstructured data with the help of mathematics and statistics, and generate computed solutions. Leading engineering colleges place a strong emphasis on the implementation of this education in actual business-related issues. It aids graduates in getting a head start in the job market. The following job roles for B. Tech (Data Science) graduates are currently in high demand:
- Data scientists: Professionals use statistical techniques to interpret large volumes of data and identify patterns that help corporates make informed decisions.
- Business analysts: Using data analysis tools to help firms improve efficiency, reduce costs, and increase revenue is the top goal of this job.
- Data engineer or architect: Large-scale corporates hire them to manage, sort and analyse a vast amount of vital data related to business processes.
- Data analyst: Their main job is to provide insights and recommendations to companies after collecting and processing data. It helps commercial organisations to improve their services for consumers.
Cyber Security Course Description
Identical to the previously mentioned course, the Bachelor of Technology in cyber security is a four-year undergraduate programme divided into eight semesters. The prerequisite for admission in B. Tech cyber security is to complete the 10+2 examination with maths and physics as compulsory subjects. The main objective of this course is a comprehensive study of cybercrime, network security, data structures, algorithm analysis, cryptography, intrusion detection etc. Currently, trending job positions available to graduates are:
- Cybersecurity analyst: Their job is to protect computer networks and systems against threats, like malware, viruses and hackers.
- Cryptographer: Through creating cyphers and algorithms for data encryption, cryptographers protect various computer systems and information technology.
- Security engineers/ architects: Professionals build shielded networks and computer systems, resistant to security breaches and cyberattacks.
- Cryptanalysts: They are also known as code breakers. Their main goal is to create codes and procedures to safeguard data from active computer hackers.
This article mentions a number of respectable and well-paid employment roles. Graduates with a B. Tech in cyber security or data science have a wide selection of lucrative job options currently in great demand. So, it is hard to comprehend which course is superior; it depends on the abilities and interests of an individual.
However, if you pick a reputable engineering university with skilled instructors and first-rate infrastructure, they’ll assist you in getting placement-ready. As this subject requires in-depth knowledge and understanding, teaching methods are crucial. Ensure you choose the best college to achieve your dream job without obstacles.