Why Brother Printer Connected to Wifi But Not Printing
If you are seeing some problem with your Brother Printer as it is connected but still not printing, the reason could be anything behind it. However, you can fix this issue by doing some basic troubleshooting. And to help you with this, this post has brought you some information and instructions to follow. So, go thoroughly.
- To begin with, you should check for the paper jammed issue in your Brother Printer. There are times when you don’t use the printer for a long time and dust gets accumulated in the printer that leads to trouble.
- Also, you need to check the ink filled in the cartridge whether it is filled insufficiently or empty. In this case, you won’t get any printer problems like Brother Printer connected but not printing.
- In addition, an empty or half-filled cartridge causes the issue but also when the ink is filled more than the required ink it also causes trouble in getting prints.
- When you fill ink in the cartridge more than the required amount, it may overflow and can block the printer head.
- Moreover, you should check if the nozzle is blocked because not using a printer for a long time causes the glitch. So, checking on that might help you to fix the problems.
After checking with these points, you must perform some steps to fix Brother Printer connected to wifi but not printing. And to help you with this, here is a list of steps, go through them.
What Should You Do to Fix If Brother Printer Connected to WiFi But Not Printing?
- You need to set up your Brother Printer as a default option to print. It has been seen that due to the changing of a default printer option, people may face Brother Printer connected but not printing issues.
- Also, you are required to find out if the printer driver is faulty. This may cause some issues in printing even when your printer is connected. For this, you can update your printer driver and to avoid it you should check it regularly for an upgrade.
- Just in case, you have given the command to print multiple, find the error; cancel all the running print commands, and print the file with a new command.
- You can check the hardware status of your printer in order to keep yourself safe from these kinds of glitches, hence, to get the smooth functioning of your Brother printers, you should always keep an eye on the hardware status.
Just in case, if you see the printing error after performing the above steps, you should follow the instruction mentioned in the next section to get rid of the Brother Printer connected to wifi but not printing issue.
How Can I Fix the Brother Printer Not Printing Issue?
- First of all, you need to press the Start button.
- Then you need to select the Settings.
- Next, you should select the Printers option.
- Further, you are required to double click on the printer’s name from the list of available printers.
- In addition, you should choose the Printer Menu and open the Properties section.
- After that, you have to find out if your Brother Printer has a non-color option if it is there then choose the desired option to let the printer work.
This is how your every problem with the Brother Printer will be fixed without much of a stretch. On the off chance, you see the problem persisting and you still need to fix it, you should visit the official support page.
How to download brother printer driver for Windows 10?
Without downloading the compatible drivers for your device, you will not be able to go ahead with your printing task. The drivers of any external device ensure that each necessary file to perform the stipulated task is present on your device. Thus, if your Windows 10 device doesn’t already have a compatible brother driver, you will not be able to give the print commands from your device. Therefore, it is more than important to download the necessary drivers before you can actually add your printer to your PC.
The easiest way to download the Brother Printer driver
To install the Brother printer driver follow the easy instructions given right here:
- Open your PC and go to the official product website https://www.brother-usa.com/brother-support/driver-downloads of Brother.
- In the ‘Search for product’ bar, type your printer model number.
- Tap on the ‘search’ icon as soon as you enter the model number.
- The page will show you a list of available and compatible drivers.
- If you cannot find your printer driver that way, you can also browse your product.
- It is time to click on the ‘Downloads’ option.
- On the next dialog box, choose your operating system.
- And, tap on the ‘Search’ icon again.
- In the ‘Drivers’ dialog box, choose ‘Printer driver.’
- Read the End User License Agreement and click ‘Agree.’
- Download the drivers and double-click on the .exe file.
- Follow some easy prompts to complete the installation.
If you are using a wireless Brother Printer, then you need to first complete the brother printer wireless setup and then go ahead with the brother printer driver download.
In case you have already Downloaded Brother Printer drivers on your device and you are still having issues while using your printer, then you must install the latest driver updates for your printer. you can use these steps to update your printer driver:
- Turn on your PC and press the ‘Windows + R’ simultaneously.
- This will show up in the ‘Run’ dialog box on your screen.
- In the box, type “devmgmt.msc” and press the Enter key.
- On the Device Manager box, expand the ‘Printers’ menu.
- Locate and right-click on your Brother device.
- Choose ‘Update Driver software.’
- Choose the option saying ‘Search automatically for updated driver software.’
- Your screen will now show the available updates.
- Just follow the on-screen instructions to install the updates.
- And, initiate your printing task again.
If you are still not able to print from your Brother Printer, there might be some other issues with it. Read the section given below and see if it could help.