4D’s To Build a Successful Food Delivery Platform Like UberEats
Who would have thought that people can demand doorstep services with just a few taps on their smartphones? With modern advancements in technology, almost anything is possible with a smartphone in hand. There is nothing to hide in the fact that people feel more convenient in having their favorite food from the restaurants in the comfort of their homes, rather than dine-in options. On-demand food delivery apps are flourishing wherever launched.
The massive success of UberEats, Swiggy, etc., has led to the rise of a sea of entrepreneurs who wish to invest in this lucrative business segment. It is high time restaurants adapt to UberEats Clone and prevent potential losses in the form of customers and revenue. If you are an entrepreneur who aspires to build an online platform that connects restaurants and people seamlessly, this blog is right for you. By the end of this blog, you’ll know the 4D’s that can help you create a successful food delivery empire.
D – Discussion with the app development company
It would be best if you had assistance with a well-reputed app development company to develop the food delivery app. Discussion with the company involves multiple facets like brainstorming ideas, identifying customer requirements, and devising the perfect strategy.
Analyzing the requirements
Initially, you need to visualize your needs. These needs include various elements like technical, economic, financial requirements. Once you have identified what it takes to build the food delivery app, you need to recognize your customer demands. Equipping yourself with these demands can help you avoid hurdles in the future.
Conducting market research
The only way to sustain in the market is by satisfying customer demands. For any app to be successful among the target audience, market research is mandatory. Market research ideally involves analyzing the competitor apps and identifying what the customer demands. An extensive market study can be your pathway to success as you’ll get a clear idea of how your app should turn into.
It is pointless to transform every idea you get into a feature or functionality of the app. Discuss the ideas with your team and identify if the idea is viable enough to get transformed. Even valuable inputs and suggestions from the team’s side can help you deliver a best-in-class food delivery platform that is unique and robust.
D – Designing the food delivery app
Once you have jotted down the perfect strategy, the next major milestone in food delivery app development is designing it. The success of an UberEats Clone is significantly impacted due to its UI/UX.
The role of app design
Instantly after users download the app, the ultimate decision of using it or uninstalling it depends on the app design. The app must attract the audience towards it, guide them to their services, and offer an enriched experience to users. Complexity in an app can destroy its potential, leading to users neglecting the platform. Simple, user-friendly app design can lure the audience, and help you establish a global presence.
D – Developing the on-demand food delivery platform
App development primarily consists of two major stages – front-end development and back-end development. While the front-end involves integrating features and functionality into the app, back-end is inclined to create and maintain servers, databases, etc. Let’s look at both the development process here,
Shaping the front-end
A food delivery app development consists of building four separate entities like,
- User app
- Delivery executive app
- Restaurant app
- Admin panel
Features of User app:
- Registration: Users register either with their email IDs or through their social media handles.
- Search and filter options: Users can search their favorite food or restaurant with this feature and can narrow down their search through multiple filter options.
- Real-time tracking: Users get to track the delivery executives’ locations carrying their food orders in real-time.
- Multiple payment gateways: Users can pay for their food orders through a multitude of payment options, like credit/debit cards, digital wallets, etc.
- Ratings and reviews: Users can share their food and delivery experience in ratings and reviews.
Features of Delivery executive & Restaurant app:
- Availability toggle: The service providers can switch between their working hours with this toggle feature. This way, they can provide flexible services as per their preferences.
- Accept/reject requests: They can either accept or turn down user requests according to their convenience.
- Push notifications: They are reminded instantly of new orders, scheduled ones, important instructions, etc., through push notifications.
- In-app navigation: Restaurants get to track the delivery executives in real-time. Likewise, delivery executives can reach customer locations hassle-free with this in-app navigation feature.
- Earnings dashboard: They can view their daily/weekly/monthly earnings through an intuitive earnings dashboard.
- Order management: Restaurants can manage multiple orders seamlessly through this dashboard. Similarly, delivery executives can pick-up multiple orders simultaneously to reduce time and enhance productivity using UberEats Clone.
Features of Admin panel:
- God’s eye view: The admin can manage multiple activities happening in the app from a single, convenient place.
- Set delivery radius: The admin can create virtual boundaries up to which food orders can be delivered.
- Heat Map: The admin gets to know the regions of increased demand through the heat map and can reroute delivery professionals accordingly.
- Manage transactions: The admin transfers the user payments to restaurants and delivery executives after the necessary commission cut-down.
All the features mentioned above are essential for the app’s functioning. To make your food delivery app stand apart, you may need unique features. They include,
- Reorder: Your platform can provide users an option of reordering from their order history. By doing so, you can reduce the ordering time and enhance convenience.
- Multi-lingual support system: To gain a stronghold of local customers, you can let them access the app in the language of their preference.
- In-app wallet: To avoid the challenges faced in entering the account details every time during transactions, enable your users to pay for their food order through an in-app wallet.
Developing the back-end
The utmost care must be given to the back-end of the platform. Popularly termed as the ‘server’ end of the app, this end manages to sustain app traffic and prevents your application from hanging. Besides, user details are stored securely in these databases. The things to keep in mind while developing the back-end includes,
- Encrypt the servers and databases securely, providing access only to authorized personnel.
- Prefer a cloud hosting service that can sustain moderate app traffic and is economical.
- Collect only necessary details, thereby preventing data accumulation.
- Update the servers and databases from time to time to avoid data theft and mishandling.
D – Deploying the UberEats Clone
Once you have developed and tested the app for bugs and defects, it is ready for launch across multiple platforms like Android, iOS, etc. Ensure that your app reaches the right audience at the right time. Promoting the app across social media networks can help you enhance your app’s visibility.
Your job as an app owner doesn’t end after deploying the app across multiple platforms. You provide constant updates to the app, based on the changing user preferences.
The global food delivery services market is expected to grow at a healthy CAGR of 15%. With the market flourishing, entrepreneurs can capitalize on the growing demands with a top-of-the-line food delivery app. Follow the 4D’s and build a successful food delivery platform like UberEats in no time. Get in touch with an app development company, tell them your needs, and launch the app right away!